Chapter 13

(Y/N)'s POV

Day 254, a couple of months have passed ever since I wrote that letter to Lisa. Surprisingly enough things are still the same or I should say worse than how they were before. Insults towards me have become more frequent... yay *sigh* Instead of getting back together again, Lisa only distanced herself from me. Why are relationships so hard to understand? Jake, miraculously one of the survivors who doesn't hate me suggested I find someone else. Ah, Jake, don't you know that half the ladies hate me? The so-called heartbreaker and abuser, I never got physically abusive though. I would never even dream of sinking that low, it's just wrong. Ugh, I better wrap this up, I feel I'm going to be sent into a trial. Speaking of Trials they haven't been easy as of late. Mainly forced to rely on myself rather than my teammates, but hey that's life in the realm. Altruism has no place here. Nah survival of the fittest is what they say-

Before (Y/N) could add more to his journal, he was swept away and sent to a trial. Immediately he was hit with a cold breeze. Luckily he has a coat to keep him warm so it's somewhat bearable.

Mount Ormond Resort:

"The snow... I both love it and I hate it. Oh boy is it even possible to get frostbite here?" (Y/N) mumbled to himself, shaking his head he went to work on a nearby generator. A while later, a generator popped in completion followed by the one (Y/N) worked on.  As soon as his generator popped, Claudette's bone-chilling scream echoed throughout the realm. "Whelp hero time" The (H/C) man muttered and rushed in Claudette's direction to rescue her. Along the way, a psychotic chuckle was heard briefly before fading. "Is this Doctor? No, he should've shocked me earlier." (Y/N) gets Claudette off the hook and goes to mend her wounds but she turns away. "I-I'm okay, I don't need help from you"

Despite seeming humble, (Y/N) could hear the timidity and uncertainty in Claudette's voice.

"Oh for the love of... What you scared I might smack you? ....See ya, stay safe Claudette, and for the record, I cared about her dearly. I would never advocate abuse...." (Y/N) said as he turned away, venturing off to find another generator leaving Claudette alone.

(Y/N): I swear, you make one mistake and people are so quick to see you as a big jerk... like show some respect! Was there even any to begin with?

Mumbling to himself, (Y/N) made his way toward the killer shack as the trial progressed. As he neared closer, the sound of hasty footsteps echoed from the basement.

(Y/N): ??????

Proceeding with caution, (Y/N) descended down to the basement, stopping to see a young woman with mid-length blonde hair with pink dyed tips at the ends. (Y/N) stood in silence, watching the woman observing the four hooks placed in the center of the basement. After staring at the unknown woman for a couple of seconds, (Y/N) cleared his throat startling the woman.

(Y/N): Ahem, hi there. You must be a new survivor, you're probably wondering where you are, and-

???: Who are you?

(Y/N): Chill, I was just about to get to introductions. Wait, don't back away from me! Listen, I am sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable. Can we start from the beginning? My name is (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N). May I know yours?

???: My name is Maria...