Last of Group C

Y/N pov

I was the last one standing, the last one fighting. Only five of us had survived the first trial, five out of 30! and now my teammates lay on the sand while I was sorrounded by cranks, I was frustrated, full of hate, murderous and on the verge of losing myself. I let out a battle cry and slashed through the cranks bodies, releasing all my rage on them, finally I gave my last blow and the crank fell on the ground. I looked at the bodies of my dead teammates and kneeled down next to my best friend's body and broke down into tears. Then out of nowhere a voice said " miss are you okay? Do you need help? " I looked up and saw a group of people the same age bracket as me, they were from group A, I knew that because I'd been watching them through the monitors, it was part of our trials, cause they wanted to know just how much emotional torture we could take, they didnt even erase our memories so that things would be more painful for us. In groups A and B, they tested their brain capacity, but for us in Group C, emotional stability was the test.

Minho pov

I saw the fire in her eyes, her aura was strong, she glowed like a daughter of Ares, the god of war. She fought a bunch of cranks alone, I could tell from the way she sliced their bodies that she wanted to die fighting. By the time I got to her she had finished off the last one. " miss are you okay? Do you need help? " I asked, thomas and the others were trailing behind me, her head shot up and she suddenly hugged me. I brushed my hand against her back out of pure instinct. " I think we should take her with us " newt suggested, " what's your name? " teresa asked the girl who was burrying her face in my chest. " Y/N " she managed to answer. " would you like to come with us? You'll be safer and you wont have to fight alone or be alone again " I told her, she nodded and stared down at the girl on the ground and bid farewell. She stayed silent for the rest of the day as we walked and walked trying to look for a safe place to rest. I kinda felt uncomfortable with her though, she kept stealing glances at me, she wanted to say something but couldn't say it, what was stopping her?

Y/N pov

I felt shitty.. for being weak, for crying right in front of Minho. But I was tired of acting strong, I had only managed to get this far because MinWoo made me promise to stay alive for as long as I can, until I managed to find his brother. He told me to find group A because I'd be safer with them. I wanted to tell minho about his brother, about group c, and other stuff, but I was too tired to speak. " there " thomas pointed to an empty mansion and we entered the lot. Minho was at the doorstep when the huge doors opened and a crank attacked him, before he could even react and before the others could ready their weapons and save him I had removed the bloody crank off him and killed it without a hint of mercy, then from my peripheral view I saw a crank shoot a bullet, it was aimed at minho, I took my dagger and threw it to him, my dagger hit his forehead and his bullet hit my back. Minho caught me in his arms, shocked of what just happened. " why? " he asked,tears threatening to fall from his eyes

" your brother lost his life by saving me. It's only right that I save yours too. I've already lost him, I cant lose you too " I said coughing blood

" brother?? " his face was full of confusion

" you're not going to die explaining " newt interrupted and called the medjacks

Minho pov:

I paced back and forth as the medjacks took care of her. I couldn't believe the revelation, we all did. She had been with my brother, the brother I've forgotten.. he had sacrificed his life for her and she had whole heartedly, willingly risked her life for me. I owed her my life. I waited 11 hours, 20 minutes and 30 seconds until the medjacks finally told me that she was okay, awake and ready to talk, or even kill. 

" angriest person I've encountered " one of them commented. 

If I were her, I would be too. So I entered her room, we had occupied the mansion's rooms. I didn't know what to say actually, but I wanted to talk to her. 'Are you okay?' Was a stupid question 'feeling better?' Didn't feel right. So I said " hey" and gave a shy smile, " hey " she said nonchalantly, " thanks for saving me" I said. She gave me a genuine smile " I will always do my best to save you, I will always be ready to sacrifice and risk my life for you no matter what happens. I will always be your guardian angel. You may be stronger than me, you may be more able of taking care of yourself, heck you may even be more able of taking care of me too, just like your brother was to me, but trust me when I say I will definitely be there whenever you need me. That's a promise only death can break "

The words came out so dignified it melted my heart, never have I ever felt so important and treasured like this all my life, it felt as if her world was now going to revolve around me, it was overwhelming. But it's as if my brother's ghost had whispered in my ear, I knew that he wanted her to find us or find me, so I could take care of her and not the other way around. She was more precious than a jewel. Anger may have coated her outside layer but she was weak, soft and innocent on the inside. She had been painfully scarred and I knew it was my duty to heal her heart, to take care of her, to put back the broken pieces of her heart. So I told her " I also swear by my life that I will never leave you, I will always keep you safe. You cant keep me from guarding you, if you can declare to be my guardian angel then so can I, I'll be your guardian angel and no one can do anything about it " those were the most honest words I have ever spoken in my whole life and I'd always be proud for it.