My Crank

Title: My Crank

Minho POV

I was talking to newt when the explosion happened, when the walls collapsed I got separated from everyone, I went through the left tunnel, hoping that I'd eventually find them. I walked silently as I felt for the walls since it was dark. I eventually came into a path that had a bit of lighting, I followed the light. As I continued to walk I heard the sobbing of a girl. Then as I turned to the right, I saw her, sitting on the ground, knees held together and her face hung low. Crank. I thought. I stood still trying to figure out what to do, I had to get past her if I wanted to get myself out of here, the exit was a few meters from her. She didn't seem harmful though, so I took a step forward. She got startled and started to scream.

" no! No! Get away from me! Please! Dont do anything to me! I want to live please " she cried as she begged

" no, I'm not gonna hurt you! I'm not a crank " I said coming near her

Her head shot up " you're not? Then what are you doing here? " " it's a long story but... you... you don't look like a crank either, why are you here? " I asked her

" I... I'm a crank, but I'm still on the early stages, first stage to be exact, I got sent here yesterday. What about you " she asked

So I told her everything about me, there was nothing to hide and nothing to lose.

" c-can I.. can I ..c-come with you please? I promise I wont be a burden, I wont slow you down, I promise " she said with tears running down her face.

She looked straight into my eyes, begging to come with me. She displayed a great amount of fear and I felt a string in my heart get pulled. I felt so sorry for her, she had obviously gone through a lot of traumatic stuff even when she just barely spent a day here, there was no argument, this place was hell. She looked really pathetic, completely helpless and defenseless, she didn't even have a weapon. I didn't know what got into my head but I suddenly pulled her into a tight embrace and hushed her up.

" it's okay. You can come with me. You'll be safe with me " I said as I stroked her back

I could feel her sobbing in my chest as she said " please take me to wherever you're going... I'm scared of being alone. I promise I wont try to eat you or hurt you when I become a full blown crank. I promise. I promise. "

" Alright, I will.. sshh.. it's okay now, you're not alone. You can come with me to the safe haven and I'll get you a cure, you wont become a full blown crank, I promise. "

I dont know why but I just felt so strongly for her, it pained me to see her like that. Maybe it's because she reminded me of myself when I first arrived in the glade. She reminded me of chuck too. Judging by her overall appearance she looked 3 years younger than me. " my name is y/n by the way " she said wiping her tears

" I'm Minho, now come on, we gotta get out of here, find my friends " I said and took her hand.

We went through one more pathway before we finally met with the others at a crossroad

" Minho! " newt called out

I came over to them with y/n trailing behind me.

" thought we lost you man! Who's she? " he asked

" you found a girlfriend along the way hermano? " said jorge

" guys, this is y/n, she'll be coming with us " I said

The other gladers raised some eyebrows and I could tell they didn't feel comfortable with it.

" Don't worry, she's my responsibility. You don't have to worry about her " I said