headcanons

wow it's here- anyways, you asked for headcanons? watch me bombard you with my entire curious and guiding light backstory that i came up with in about 5 minutes (did not think this through, and now that i have i've already come up with another AU)

anyways hhhh- yeeah here we go ig

guess what? guiding and curious used to actually be PLAYERS (omg shocking) who originally didn't know about the hotel. guiding had this really fucked up family- their mom was dead and buried 6 feet below and their dad was literally on drugs and was pretty damn abusive (this is getting stereotypical af but i don't want to turn back) and guiding was stuck trying to just protect their younger siblings. curious was someone guiding knew at school, but they never knew about guiding's situation until they were rapping on the window for homework answers and just saw this big bloody mess (oh no). they ended up just asking guiding about it the next day, but wasn't able to really pry anything out of guiding but could act as a minor therapist a lot. curious lived with his grandma since both his parents worked abroad, so they had a lot of freedom to go out by themselves a lot. most of the time they'd meet guiding somewhere around the entrance to his neighborhood and they'd kinda just chill (i just realized curious is actually a really good fren to have around)

well, sooner or later, guiding's dad got arrested- but by then guiding and curious were both 18 and could technically take care of guiding's younger siblings. they did stay with curious and his grandma for a while (she makes good food) but guiding was trying to figure all of their crap (read: entire life) out while curious was trying to look for a college- yeah, i'm here wondering how they're friends in the first place.

curious suggested that they should try and get a freelance job just to get some headstart funding, and guiding was like "sounds good!" they ended up finding the Hotel, hiring for some simple pre-inspecting without any previous experience required. the hourly pay was pretty high, too. well, everyone here should know that if you find something like that it's probably too good to be true, but guiding and curious didn't exactly have anyone to tell them that. so they both applied and they both got in! yaay!

i should probably clear something up- people are no longer hired for hotel runs- it's now a highly challenging escape room like place, where you can die but guiding will just revive you back. (it's a roblox game, we don't need logic)

back to curious and guiding on their death mission job- the two of them arrived over- curious is observant as heck and learned a lot of things before, and guiding's really nimble and has some really fast reflexes. that sort of skill set put together got them to door 060 without too much of a challenge- plus, at that time, the hotel had just run down and the entities were barely developing. eyes, ambush, halt, and screech weren't there yet, and figure was only in the electrical room (we'll get to that later). they were met with rush- guiding went into a closet, but curious found their way to the rooms- now, they were on their own separate journeys (and they thought the other person was dead lmao)

jokes on you! they met again around door 080 (curious heard the doors entities and bust through a wall like a baddie). that's nice!

as of now, the only entities who openly did something were rush, seek, dupe and void, so it was a lot easier to pass all the levels. guiding and curious were also both pretty damn skilled at this (for some reason) so they got through the entire hotel in one piece.

however, in the electrical room, they finished solving the puzzle- but there was an electrical box where figure was developing from a lab experiments. figure managed to bust out right before guiding and curious were done with everything- they got to the elevator and managed to find their way out, but figure was still in close pursuit. (the way i'm telling this is boring af but i promise it's a lot more nerve wracking and all that crap)

i think this is a good time to say that curious (6'4") was a whole lot taller than guiding (5'8") when they were both players, therefore their legs were longer therefore they could run faster. well, guess what? figure got to guiding because they were slower (lmao skill issue) and guiding was literally dying.

void was around, looking over all the new commotion and trying to figure out figure and see if they could calm anything down, but by the time they'd thought everything through guiding was basically dying (yippee.mp3). void didn't know what to do, but by then curious was trying to drag guiding away but then figure half murdered curious as well- so now void has a very angery goblin, one dying person (guiding), and another dying person (curious) on their wispy black smoke hands. wow, what a nice way to start your work shift.

void managed to bring guiding and curious's souls onto a balanced line between dying and surviving, essentially making them function as ghosts but alive. their cool color glow was just a bonus (it was based on their personality and life experience, but i won't elaborate into that)

after a while, they got used to everything, managed to calm things down- after a while, they managed to turn everything around into something significantly more peaceful. guiding was the best at decision making and organizing everything and curious was able to solve a lot of the mysteries and crap around, so they eventually started to just be friends. the entities that came later kinda followed suit. the lights just went by guiding and curious because that was kinda their soul personality (i completely forgor to mention that they had regular names before but i couldn't think of anything-)

safe to say guiding and curious are a whole lot happier at the hotel (but the siblings think they're dead, aww)

yeah that was certainly an entire novel compressed to a hair (i could write this out as an entire book but i'm lazy af)