Trail Mix Trap

I won't elaborate... but hey- @CS_does_randoms? You'll definitely know what this is about just looking at the title.

     Anyways- for the rest of you, enjoy! Or not.

~

     The lights flickered. Curious, sitting in their room, flinched for a second before they put down their book to find a candle.

     Not a moment after, Rush sped down the hallway and shattered all the lights, with Ambush chasing him close after. Hide seemed to be traversing through closets left and right, slim line of goo jumping through the air at speeds Curious didn't know was possible for them. Screech came rolling afterwards not too long later- only to be followed by Dupe, laughing their soul out as Curious could hear a distant scream about "it was MY TURN on the Xbox!"

     Curious sighed, getting a candle out and lighting it up before sitting back down to read. The lights in the hallway slowly came back up, glass bits slithering away through cracks in the wall to recycle themselves, and by the time everything was back to normal the candle had run out.

     Well, hopefully they don't come b-

     A flickering of the lights, along with a sickly crash and the fluorescent lightbulbs had been shattered again. The five entities seemed to be chasing each other down the hallway- Curious didn't care to look down the hallway.

     They shut their book, rubbing their temples as the lights slowly started to regenerate themselves again. Having given up on doing something that required a light source, they went into the hallway to get something else-

     Bad idea, as Rush, Ambush, Hide, and Dupe narrowly missed them as Screech somehow barreled into their stomach.

     Curious coughed as the quintuplet of chaos slowly stopped what they were doing, turning around to face the distressed yellow light as an alarmed look spread across their faces.

     "Oh, hi, Curious!" Screech giggled, breaking the silence. "What are you doing?"

     "Screech, let's go somewhere else, uh... hii, Curious?" Rush seemed very nervous- like a little kid who got in trouble with their mom, Curious thought.

     Swallowing his annoyance, Curious just muttered a "hi" back as they went to the supply closet and tried to see if there was anything in there that they could do. Painfully aware of the five entities staring at them while they left, they closed the door behind themselves and started digging around the crates.

     Not long after he found a small bag of trail mix did the lights flicker and crash away again, followed by a series of whooping and yelling.

     I really need to get a way to get at least one of them to shut up and stay still...

     Curious looked at the rope strewn across the floor and the bag of trail mix in their hands, getting an idea... and while the lights in the hallway turned back on, they had somehow managed to make a series of knots with rope taped all across the walls. The bag of trail mix was tied to the ceiling with a dangling rope- now, all they had to do was leave the door open and wait.

     The five entities seemed to have left- but not long after Curious was back in his room, the lights started flickering again. Rush whizzed past, once again followed by everyone else- but now, they seemed to be racing one another.

     "I'm winning! Sucks to be you!" Hide's voice rang out, echoing through closet walls.

     "Hey! Not fair, you guys have the advantage!" Screech whined.