Aftermath

1 week later

Sasuke's POV

I have not been able to sleep since the massacre. That's what they're calling it now. The Uchiha massacre. Only thee Uchihas left and one of them was adopted. Reachi is taking this all really hard. She loved the clan just as much as I did. She tried to get some sleep and woke up screaming because of a nightmare.

I haven't been going to kindergarten at the academy like I usually would. I have been staying at Reachi's house. Kakashi's house. The funny thing was that it was a Hyuga that was walking past the compound that realized something was off. At least that's what they're telling me.

Reachi just turned six. She is born in April so she is younger than me. She is my younger sister. I tried to help her fall asleep. So did Kakashi. But she has nightmares every time she closes her eyes. So she decided against sleeping all together.

We stay inside and talk and read and play shogi to pass the time. I don't want to go outside. I don't want to go outside because people would say I'm sorry for your loss and I don't need or want to be reminded of what happened.

When Reachi and I came back from playing and saw the dead bodies and blood covering the compound we ran home only to see him standing there staring at our parents with a bloody katana in hand. I ran at him and he threw me back and told me I was weak. I am going to get stronger. Then I will KILL Itachi.

Until that happens I will train to get stronger and protect my sister.  The thing that frustrates me is Reachi is stronger then me. I'm her older brother so I have to protect her not the other way around. AND I WILL.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Is it just me or have the last chapters been kind of short ?

I will try to write a longer chapter next time sorry.