-+#28

+*___________*+

+*___________*+

As I walked into school, my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of Jungwon. Our cuddle session had left me feeling all sorts of emotions, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of awkwardness around him now. It was as if everything had changed between us, and I couldn't shake off the feeling that things would never be the same again.

Throughout the school day, I found myself zoning out during classes, my thoughts drifting back to that intimate moment we shared. I replayed it in my mind over and over again, trying to make sense of my feelings. It was a mix of happiness, confusion, and a tinge of nervousness. I had never felt this way about anyone before, and it scared me.

When I made eye contact with Jungwon during class, my heart skipped a beat.
It's not that I was falling for him, I was just confused. Is he trying to play with my feelings, if so, it's not working cause I don't fall that easily.

I wondered if he felt the same way, if he too was struggling to navigate through the new dynamic between us.

I couldn't only blame his clingy self on his feline form, since cats can be extremely clingy, maybe he had picked up that habit.

During lunch break, I found myself sitting at our usual spot with our group of friends, but I couldn't bring myself to engage in the lively conversations. Instead, I sat there, lost in my thoughts, stealing glances at Jungwon from across the table.

+*___________*+

As the final bell rang, signaling the end of the school day, I mustered up the courage to approach Jungwon.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked, my voice filled with both apprehension and hope.

He looked at me, his eyes reflecting a mix of surprise and curiosity. "Yeah, why?"

"Just asking." I simply replied before awkwardly walking off.
I wished to slap myself because of my stupidity but kept that emotion in and made my way to the girls locker room.

As I entered the locker room, the familiar scent of sweat and adrenaline enveloped me. Hanni, my friend and teammate, spotted me and immediately pulled me into a tight hug.

"Yoonie!" Hanni exclaimed, her voice filled with excitement. Her absence during her family trip to the States had left a void in our daily interactions, and I was overjoyed to see her back in Korea.

"Hanni, you're finally back!" I exclaimed, a wide smile spreading across my face. I hugged her back tightly, taking in the warmth of her presence before pulling away slightly to study her face.

"It's like I almost forgot how you looked like. Oh my gosh, you don't know how much I've missed you!" I gushed, unable to contain my enthusiasm. I wrapped my arms around her once more, relishing in the feeling of her familiar embrace.

"I missed you more, Yoonie. I'm sorry I couldn't call. I was so caught up in spending time with my family that I completely lost track of time," Hanni apologized, her voice tinged with regret.

"Don't apologize, Hanni. The whole point of your trip was to enjoy quality time with your family, so there's no need to feel sorry," I reassured her, offering a warm smile. We walked together towards our lockers, which happened to be right beside each other. I had taken it upon myself to clean her locker during her absence, ensuring she wouldn't return to a dusty locker. It felt slightly odd to see her open her own locker again, evoking a sense of nostalgia from our middle school days when our lockers were always beside each other.

As we changed into our soccer uniforms, the chatter between Hanni and me was incessant. We couldn't bear to let a single minute go to waste, catching up on everything that had transpired in each other's lives while she was away. The familiar banter and laughter filled the air, reminding me of how much I cherished our friendship and the bond we shared as teammates.
"Oh I almost forgot!" Hanni smiled before rummaging through her bag to pull out two red bunny keychains.
"I got this on my trip." She smiled and handed me one.
My mouth gaped open in shock before immediately thanking her with a hug.
We both clipped it onto our backpacks, proud of how it looked.

Once we finished changing, the rest of our teammates approached me with a mixture of guilt and remorse evident on their faces. They formed a semi-circle around me, their expressions apologetic.

"Hey, Shin Ji-yoon, we're really sorry about yesterday," one of the girls spoke up, her voice laced with sincerity. "We were just so excited for you that we didn't stop to think about how it might make you feel. We didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

I looked at each of them, their remorse palpable. A wave of understanding washed over me, and I realized that their intentions had been rooted in genuine happiness for me.

"Girls, it's okay. I genuinely appreciate your excitement and support. I understand that your intentions were good, and that's why I couldn't possibly be upset about something like that," I reassured them, my voice filled with warmth and gratitude. I smiled at each of them, hoping to alleviate any lingering guilt they might have felt.

Their heads rose, their expressions softening as they returned my smile. With a renewed sense of camaraderie, we walked out of the locker room together, ready to face the challenges and triumphs that awaited us on the soccer field.

+*___________*+
28th chapter

Hello my loves, how are you guys?
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Please vote, comment, and follow to show appreciation.
If you've already done that, kisses go out to you.

Question of the chapter:
Who's your New Jeans bias?
Me: Haerin and Hanni

Alright, goodbye pookies!
Leave a lock emoji for this chapter in the comments.

Love ya! See you in the next chapter.
<3

+*_____________________*+