-+#80

+*___________*+

+*___________*+

As Jungwon offered me a piggyback ride, we walked through the hallways in silence, the weight of guilt settling upon me. Tears stained my cheeks and another one rolled down, reigniting the flood of emotions. I silently sobbed, resting my head against Jungwon's shoulder, seeking solace. The mix of emotions overwhelmed me as we made our way towards the Nurse's office.

Jungwon abruptly stopped outside the Nurse's office, turning his head towards me. Our faces were inches apart, and I felt his warm breath against my lips. His gaze flickered between my eyes and my lips, sadness reflecting in his eyes. It seemed like our recent behavior was centered around that one kiss.

A single tear rolled down my cheek, but I maintained eye contact with him. Frowning, I buried my face in the crook of his neck, tightening my grip on him.

"I'm sorry, Jungwon..." I whispered, fighting back tears. I sensed his breath catch as his grip on my thighs slightly loosened.

He let out a deep sigh. "Let's discuss this later," Jungwon suggested, his voice heavy with emotion. "Crying over something like this won't solve anything."

Butting in quickly, I added, "But we haven't talked, Jungwon. I've missed us." Another thought slipped out unintentionally, hoping he didn't catch it.

Jungwon's gaze dropped to the floor, his thumb gently gliding along my thigh to comfort my silent sobs. "I miss us too," he simply confessed before proceeding into the room. To our surprise, the nurse was absent, and a note was left on the bed.

Gently placing me on the bed, Jungwon embraced me, his arms wrapping around my waist as he set me on the bed. He then parted from me and looked at the note beside me. He picked up the note, reading its contents. "She's gone to get some new supplies," he informed me before returning his attention to me. "It says to use the first aid kit for any injuries." Jungwon located the first aid kit on the counter and retrieved it.

"Why are you helping me?" I murmured, my voice tinged with confusion and self-consciousness. Avoiding direct eye contact, I watched as he opened the first aid kit box.

"Just be grateful that I am, and don't question it," Jungwon replied, his tone carrying a hint of nonchalance. He deflected my question, focusing on the task at hand. "Can I roll up your pants?" he asked, his voice gentle yet resolute. I nodded, complying with his request. As he folded my pants, his cold hands brushed against my warm skin.

Jungwon carefully opened the first aid kit box, searching for the instant ice pack. His eyes focused, he located it and activated the pack by popping the bag and giving it a shake. He then placed the cool ice pack gently onto my ankle, causing an involuntary hiss of discomfort to escape my lips.

"I know, I know," Jungwon murmured sympathetically, his eyes filled with genuine concern. Understanding the sensitivity of the situation, he removed the ice pack momentarily, allowing me to adjust to the sudden change in temperature. With utmost care, he tended to the injury. As we approached the more serious aspect of the treatment, Jungwon rolled up his sleeves, and my eyes widened with a mixture of unease and curiosity.

Immediately sensing my hesitation, I shook my head, instinctively resisting whatever he was about to do. However, Jungwon's voice held a firmness as he explained, "We have to see if it's actually injured. To confirm that, we need to move your ankle." Recognizing the gravity of the situation, he gently lifted my leg, allowing it to rest on his thigh.

I bit the inside of my cheek, unsure if I was mentally prepared for the impending pain that would accompany the movement of my ankle. After a brief moment of contemplation, I spoke, my voice determined, "Go ahead." Closing my eyes, I braced myself for the inevitable discomfort.

+*___________*+
80th chapter

Hello my loves, How are you guys?
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Please vote, comment, and follow to show appreciation.
If you've already done that, kisses go out to you.

Question of the chapter:
What was the worst injury you've gotten?
me: Thankfully, my worst injury would probably only be when I fractured my finger.

Alright, goodbye pookies!
Leave a first aid helmet emoji for this chapter in the comments.

Love ya! See you in the next chapter.
<3

+*_____________________*+