-+#96

+*___________*+

+*___________*+

"Wow, so this lucky guy has stolen our daughter's heart?" My mother exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with curiosity and skepticism. I couldn't quite decipher the mix of emotions on her face, but I found myself nervously fidgeting with my fingers under the table until Jungwon nudged me discreetly, a silent signal to ease my nerves.

"Yeah, sorry for not telling you earlier," I began, my words trailing off as my mother's enthusiasm interrupted me mid-sentence.

"Oh, I am just thrilled to meet you! You're so handsome and polite. What's your name, sweetheart?" My mother's joy was infectious, her eyes crinkling with delight. "You know, she's never brought anyone home before. You must be someone truly special. You're her second boyfriend she's had you know, still have a chance to be her first true love.

"Mom!" I interjected, feeling a blush creep up my cheeks. Memories of my past relationship with Min-ho briefly flashed through my mind, a reminder of why Jungwon's presence meant so much to me now.

"I'm Yang Jungwon. I'm sorry for not introducing myself sooner, Mrs. Shin," Jungwon spoke up, his tone respectful as he bowed slightly.

"No need to apologize, dear!" My mother beamed, her approval evident in every word. Meanwhile, my father's expression remained more guarded, his demeanor slightly tense as he observed the situation.

"So, how did you two first meet?" my dad inquired, his voice carrying a hint of skepticism.

"We actually met back in middle school, sir. My feelings for her started blossoming recently," Jungwon explained, his words precise yet tinged with a touch of nervousness that only I could detect, his ears turning a faint shade of red. I couldn't help but offer him a reassuring smile.

"Just make sure you don't break her heart," my father's tone was firm, a protective edge underscoring his words, sending a ripple of seriousness through the room.

"I would never dream of it, sir. I promise to always cherish her," Jungwon replied, bowing respectfully.

"Alright then, you have my blessing," my father softened, his features relaxing into a gentle smile that transformed his demeanor from stern to supportive in an instant.

A sense of relief washed over me, and I wrapped my arms around my parents in a tight hug. "I've missed you both so much," I murmured, feeling a wave of nostalgia and love envelop me.

"We missed you too, sweetheart. We're here to stay for a while this time, no more sudden business trips. We're really sorry about leaving in a rush last time," my mother apologized, her hand rubbing my back soothingly.

"It's okay, Mom," I reassured her with a soft smile, grateful for their presence.

"How about I whip up your favorite homemade dish as a peace offering? Fresh Jjajangmyeon sound good?" my mother suggested, her eyes lighting up at the thought of sharing a meal. I eagerly nodded in agreement, my stomach already rumbling in anticipation.