Looking After Them

Published on: July 25, 2023

Warning: for some who are sensitive to the mentions of mild gore for a brief while, yeah <33

Chapter 12

~Third Person POV~

Ava's parents, (Y/N)'s step-brother, and the two girls settled in Ava's bedroom for them to try and figure out what was going on.
(Y/N) was sitting beside Ava where she was laying, facing away from them.

Andrew sat beside them and Devon sat on a chair facing the two girls. Meanwhile, Liam stood near the door.

"Ava, (Y/N), Devon and I feel like you're not telling us the truth about something." Andrew addressed.

"You think?" Ava replied.

"Ava!" (Y/N) scolded in a small tone, visibly alarmed.

"Don't take that tone with your Father young lady! We-"

"Sweetie," Andrew calmed Devon, indicating that he could handle this. "I got this."

He turned to the girls once more, "Ava, (Y/N), tell us what's going on. Maybe we can help you with-"

Devon's impatience grew. He sat up and finally spoke his thoughts,," I knew something was happening! When we woke up, I had a dream that they were surrounded on a couch by demons and those demons symbolized these boys! I-"

"Devon!" Andrew gritted his teeth. "Please allow me to handle this." He placed his hand on Devon's and rubbed it to calm him. Devon then sat down and tried to relax.

Andrew sighed and spoke once more.
"Girls, are Pierce and Noi your boyfriends? Why are these guys taking an interest in you?"

"If you want we can ask you to leave them alone."

Ava thought about it and decided that she wanted them to stay. Considering how lonely they both were when they didn't have enough friends to support them at their lowest, they figured it would be less lonely for them if they stayed, at least for a while more.

(Y/N) meanwhile was unsure. Although she was alright with being alone, sometimes it wouldn't always be like that either.

"Mmm, do you really want to know the truth?" (Y/N) finally looked up and continued to fidget with her fingers, slightly this time.

"(Y/N), we just want to help you.." Devon gave her a concerned look.

"These..guys, seem to have taken interest in us, and we've only considered them as out friends until now."

"I could clearly see that they have taken an interest in you," Devon agreed.

"Do you just not want to hurt their feelings?" Liam finally spoke.

"Seems like it," Andrew turned to him.

"Since when did you start caring about these kinds of things, 오빠 (Oppa)?" (Y/N) chuckled.

"I've witnessed it," He replied, bluntly as always.

"We were young once too, so we've been there before," Devon followed.

"It's difficult to have a big heart like both of you do."

"Hmm," Ava tightened her grip on her pillow.

"Pumpkin?" Andrew turned to her, worried.

Ava seemed as if she didn't want to talk about this topic for longer. "Leave me alone! I wanna sleep.."

"Ava you can't-"

"Darling, I think we should give them their space," Devon placed his hand on his shoulder, advising him.