Chapter 2

As the peaceful sun went down and the moon rose into the warm blue gray sky, two adult male criminals walked down the street dressed as construction workers in separate lanes downtown. With their disguises hidden from secret and kept silent, trying not to talk to citizens, they have earpieces on their helmets that allow them to communicate with the boss. Their accomplice sat parked in an ice cream truck, hidden from view from the crowd. Their plan is to steal an assimilator from T.C.R.I and give it to the boss.

"Alright, focus up," he broadcast to his communicator. "The truck containing the radioactive storage unit is one minute out."

"Copy that," one answered, holding a long bait studded with sharp spikes.

"Let's not mess this up, guys. Superfly does not take kindly to errors."

"Have any of you met him?" the other man asked, holding a stop sign.

"Nope," said the driver, shaking his head while he adjusted the side view mirror on, tilting it. "I hear he only meets through video conferences and he never has his camera on."

"Any idea what he's building with all this weird equipment?" the criminal asked, curiously.

"Who cares," his partner sneered, scowling. "Hey, as long as the check clears. Am I right?"

"Hey, hey, chill," the driver hissed. "Target is approaching."

An armored truck with the T.C.R.I logo on the side sped down the street and stopped at a stop sign. Waiting patiently, the criminal held up the sign for the truck to turn. Once it passed by, the men tossed the traffic spikes across the road, popping the truck's tires at the right time. With them punctured, the truck's driver lost control and crashed into the side of a bus stop, causing glass to shatter on the ground.

"Sixty seconds till the police respond," the ice cream truck driver reported sternly. Not wanting to waste time, he quickly backed up his vehicle behind the disabled, damaged truck. The two construction guys attached some explosives to the hinges of the truck's rear door and blew it open. A mechanism extended from the back of the ice cream truck and swiftly transferred a large device from the T.C.R.I truck.

"Thirty seconds," the driver said, hurrying. "We gotta move!"

Without time to waste, the two guys piled into the ice cream truck, closing the doors, and the driver hit the gas, driving off with the stolen cargo. All in a matter of seconds!

Inside the ice cream truck, the three criminals celebrated their successful theft.

"Nice!" the first guy whooped, high fiving his partner.

"We crushed that mission!" the other construction worker crowed, realizing the plan worked out well.

"Hey, let's not get carried away," the driver ordered his men, sternly.

But then they heard sirens. They looked at the back of their truck and saw red and blue lights. A police car was right behind them with its lights flashing!

"I got this!" the driver of the ice cream truck shouted, determined. "Hang on!"

He started to make sudden, unpredictable turns, zooming through the streets of the city, but the cops stayed on his tail. The driver turned another corner. Momentarily out of the cops' sight, he immediately veered into a narrow, dark alley. The police raced past the alley, continuing down the street.

Thinking they had escaped, the criminals breathed a sigh of relief, but not too long. From the other end of the alley, another cop car headed straight at them!

"Oh, man!' the first guy in the construction disguise cried in fear. "It's over! There's no way out of this. What are we gonna do?"

"Superfly's gonna kill us!" the driver moaned in dismay.