Chapter 3

A month later, in the sewers underneath the city, four mysterious creatures grabbed their ninja weapons, put on their masks and set out on a night raid. In formation, they sprinted through the sewer pipe that opened near the Brooklyn Bridge and leapt into action.

Their task is simple and very important. Use stealth to infiltrate the human world, avoid any human scum if they see them or try to talk to them, remain in the shadows at all costs, and their target down across the street will be swift. They will strike and steal into the night.

In a small bodega, which is the neighborhood store selling everything from umbrellas to vegetables, the leader stealthy covered the lens of a security camera so the security guard wouldn't see. As the owner of the shop watched an old sitcom on a small T.V, the second in command repelled down from the ceiling and used his blades to a loaf of bread. As they silently crept away, they went to the docks of the East River near Long Island. The youngest grabbed a toilet plunger from a nearby shipping crate and on top of an apartment, two more snipped fruits and veggies off the branches and vines of a floral rooftop garden.

Behind a fancy hotel, the intelligent one snag rolls of toilet paper from a delivery van with his staff.

Meanwhile, they leapt onto the top of a moving truck. As it sped through the streets of Downtown Manhattan, they managed to swing down, pull up the back door all the way, and tumble inside. When they saw the truck's delicious contents, the two smiled evilly. It was carrying bags of ranch dressing, party style.

With every item stolen and checked on the list, the creatures headed to their rendezvous point on top of a building in Midtown. Strictly speaking, it wasn't necessary for them to meet on the rooftop building before heading home, but it made their theft seem more like a ninja adventure.

Moments later, down in the street, April and the Hamato sisters rode on their scooters down the block and came to a stop at a stop light. It was already night time and they were looking for Superfly, but there was no sign of him because it had been a few days since they began their search. Tomoka leaned against her handle bar while Manako held up the notebook just in case they found something suspicious. Shira looked at her phone at the information about the mutant on the news she had discovered. She sighed as she put it in her basket.

"Something wrong, Shira?" April asked her.

"I am more concerned about the crime mayhem going around here. So many units stolen, no news about the prom being uncanceled... I am getting worried," she sighed.

"I bet it's about Superfly, huh?" Tomoka suggested.

Shira nodded her head. The news reading 'Superfly Strikes Again' is really getting serious. Most of the trucks had been stolen and taken to Staten Island where they kept some important units and other objects to make a dangerous weapon. Unless, if that machine is activated, bad things happen. Better yet, someone is responsible for stealing objects and things are getting serious at the minute.

"Yeah," she said. "And we won't be at the prom because of this curfew."

"Maybe we could fight him," Manako guessed, leaning forward. "After all, we are trained to be ninjas."

"I don't know," the girl said, worriedly. "He is strong and just because he is a monster, he'll terrorize the city and become quarantined."

"Don't say that," April assured her. "As long as I have you by my side, nothing can go wrong."

SHING!

With an unexpected shift, something struck April's scooter helmet, making the girls yelp in horror. April fell off her scooter on its one side, knocking down a few trash cans and cried out in pain, clutching her helmet. Shira looked and saw something sharp, star-like and very small. Was that a shuriken, a ninja star? This hasn't been here before. Who the heck would throw this small object on her friend's helmet? Only some dimwitted fool would make an accident prone mistake to let it fall and strike into someone who can't deflect it and she could have been killed if it wasn't for the helmet. April groaned in pain as she clutched her head and stood up on her feet, pulling the star off her helmet. She was okay, but she was obviously angry.