Chapter 4

A while later, the turtles and the girls sat on a rooftop tower of a Laird building, eating pizza. Shira had ordered some and paid the money with cash while she brought them up here. The top of the rooftop seemed quiet, calm and relaxing, a little misty but not as shady, dark or scary as the chop shop. After introducing themselves, the turtles all tried to explain their unusual origin, how they started off as baby turtles, interrupting and speaking over each other. Their voices draw out the girls as they stare in awe at the four turtle boys, listening to the whole thing and barely understanding what they were saying. Again, time slowed down with the Hamato sisters as they stared at their eyes and gazed at them, barely hearing their voices.

"Stop, stop, stop," April calmed them down, who had finally heard enough of their explanation.

"Okay, let me guess if we've got this right," Shirahara began, sitting in front of them with the rest of her younger sisters. As she spoke, the turtles calmed down and seated in their place, still blushing at the sight of the Hamato sisters. "You were real ordinary baby turtles, but fifteen years ago, you made contact with some mystery ooze and therefore started to age into mutant turtle men?"

"Turtle boys, actually," Mikey corrected her.

"I would say teens," Leo said, lifting his arm up in front of his brother. "Like cool teenagers."

"Kind of weird when you say it," said Tomoka, referring to the word ooze.

"Aahh!" Manako sighed dreamingly. "I always wanted to have a boyfriend."

Reika let out a scoff as April wrote down the information in a notebook. "Amazing."

Shira could not speak to that answer, and there are so many questions in her mind that she hasn't asked them. How come their names are named after the Italian Resistance instead of Japanese names like what they have? Where did they come from? How come they are not human but instead, talking giant turtles? Where are their parents? How did they learn their language? Are they actually good guys? Do they spread diseases like Salmonella? Don't they eat human beings? How are they not wearing a costume? Why are they wearing ninja masks and holding japanese weapons? And what is this strange glowing green ooze that got them wet and transformed into mutants? Maybe.... Maybe the boys are telling the truth because they know everything.

"Tell us more!" Manako squeaked, leaning forward with her green eyes sparkling. "I want to know everything about you! Are there any more of you?"

"No, just us," Donnie said, his mouth full of pizza. Tomoka began to chuckle, because she thought that his voice sounded so adorable.

"They are alone in this world," April said aloud as she wrote the words in her journal. She looked up from her notebook.

"And nobody's ever asked or talked to you about this?" Tomoka asked, tilting her head.

"No. You're the first one. People should talk to us!"

"Not really."

"Where do you girls come from?" Mikey asked Shira.

"Oh.." Shira said, still a little shy of talking to a mutant being or Yokai she calls it. "It's kind of a long story. You see, my mom and dad moved to New York from Tokyo, Japan before we were even born. I don't know what happened to my dad all these years ago because he left these strange butterfly brooches that Mom gave us when she taught us the ways of the ninja."

"You girls are in the same boat as us," Raph admitted.

"It wasn't easy," the girl said in a friendly way. "We started training when we became seven and that was when we learned there some rumors of crime heists a month ago."