Chapter 9

It was closed, but Superfly easily opened the front door in, turning the closed sign to open as he sauntered through. He flipped a bunch of switches with his claw and the bowling alley came to life. Blue lights snapped on, games beeped and dinged, music played. The Hamato sisters stared at the arcade with awe as a little bit of hope coursed through them. Maybe to them, it looks like this might be a night out so they can do anything fun. Smiling, the mutant animals and the human girls settled inside to have some fun and get to know each other.

Raph, Reika, Bebop and Rocksteady walked up to a punching game. Reika began to read before she decided to let the males take it. Raph walloped the bag. Bells ring and the score at the very top of the column lit up. Bebop punched the bag even harder, ripping it right off the machine. With no bag left to punch, Rocksteady just picked up the whole contraption and slammed it into the wall, smashing it into pieces and causing a huge hole in the wall.

The three mutants laughed together. "Man," Raph said, wiping his eyes, "You guys get it! I think you guys are my new best friends! I've never met anyone else as angry as me!"

"What's NOT to be angry about, huh!" Bebop chuckled.

"So girl," Sally asked, slithering up to Reika who was at the other side. "Do you ever play games or what?"

Reika shrugged, not wondering what game she likes. She does like the gym because she needs to get stronger to protect her family. Yet, as the only mute member, she does share looks to make some people understand what she feels. She let out a "hmm" just to be clear what she feels.

"Right," Raph said, chuckling, "Reika can't speak, but I can understand what her expressions mean. Isn't that right, babe?"

Reika lets out a smile and chuckles softly.

"And what is with the music box of hers?" Bebop asked, noticing the boombox on Reika's belt.

"That's her boombox," Raph explained. "It makes loud heavy metal noises. She often calls it the Deathbox."

Reika nodded, agreeing with her boyfriend.

"Well, why don't you go play with it?" Sal asked her. "I'll be at the bar or something." Then she slithered away, leaving Reika to put the boombox on the table and started to play the loud music.

By a jukebox, Tomoka and Donnie are checking out the musical selections with Wingnut, Pipimi and Leatherhead. "So," Donnie asked Wingnut. "What do you do when you're not working for Superfly?"

"Oh, me?" Wingnut asked. "I mostly play video games. I read a bit. Comic books, anime..."

"I love anime!" Tomoka and Donnie said together in unison, their eyes sparkling with delight.

"Anime this, anime that," Leatherhead said, tired of hearing Wingnut hold forth on the subject. "How about we talk about some footy?" she asked, referring to the sport of rugby football.

"Ugh," Wingnut groaned, annoyed, lowering her bat ears. "Ignore her, honestly. Do you know that all Australians are basically criminals?"

"No!" Tomoka shouted, shaking her head. She never liked that at all because she does understand that Australia that she had learned is a bright summery country with wild bugs, beaches and dangerous animals. "But I do know that most Australian people love nature outside and sports and they love to bask in the sunlight."

"Ah," Leatherhead growled delightfully. "You really know a lot about counties, lass."

Leaning into the jukebox for a better look, Leatherhead bumped into Pipimi, who happens to be here. "Hey, watch the flippers, girl."

"Sorry, sorry," Leatherhead apologized. She turned her head to see Tomoka looking for change, since she doesn't have any in her purse case. She bashed on the machine as small golden and silver coins got released from the slot. Tomoka excitedly started to chase after them and started to pick them up until she touched Donnie's hand. Both of the teens blushed in surprise as they stared at each other. They shyly turn away, smiling, before they share a first loving glance.