Instincts

*Sabre*

I stretch and as though on instinct my wings follow suit, they expand to full size. They shake and lose feathers fall, drifting to the ground. Folding my wings against my back once again, I begin watching in amusement as Sage struggles with the little friends.

The Phantom tried to perch on his head but now there was a fox trying to get on his head as well much to Sage's dislike. Looking over towards Wisteria who was trying to pet Sheepy, however said lamb runs over to me and lays down beside me.

I gently comb my fingers through his wool with a small smile. Sheepy looks up at me before closing his eyes. Flock?

Okay, what?

Glancing back up at my guards, my wings fluff up slightly. I grab at one of my wings and stare at it, I brush my finger through the feathers, stopping and staring at the rainbow colored primaries. Sliding a finger across one of them, watching as the sun makes them practically sparkle. Looking closer at them, they truly do sparkle as though there are stars sprinkled within the rainbow.

I let go of it and somewhere within my mind yells.

Where is the flock? Where is my family? My chicks? Missing Nest, Flock, Flock, Flock. Lonely.

I mentally shake but my wings seem to have a mind of their own, flaring up before fluffing. The guards look over as my wings stretch once again, I immediately fling my wings back down, ignoring how they flutter.

"Sire are you alright?" Sage questions as he walks over to me.

"Yep, I'm completely fine!" Wings fluffing up once again as I speak. Darn it...

"Please do not lie." Sage sits and carefully takes one wing into his lap. Preen! My mind practically trills as he gently combs and flattens my feathers. Misty follows Sage's lead, Sheepy moving out of the way as Misty sits down on my other side and does the same.

I almost melt into them, small chirps escape from my throat and I jump away from their grasps. I turn towards the two, both looking quite interested in what I just did. Clapping a hand over my mouth in shock.

"Sorry..." I manage to whisper out, mind screaming at me to let them continue to clean my wings. Looking away from the two, I look down at the ground. What was that? Why did I chirp? Is that normal when it comes from someone with wings? Will my guards turn on me because of that?

"Hey. Hey. Look at me, follow my breathing." Sage's voice comes from in front of me, my eyes fly open. When did I close my eyes? What is wrong with me? I look up at him, I can feel concern radiating from him.

"I need some space, I will be back- I..." I turn and run, I don't hear them run after me but I don't stop running. My wings open and start flapping. Fly, Escape, Hide.

I try to fly but I just end up collapsing, I lay on the ground for a second before standing up and trying again. Flock, Where. Why alone. WHERE IS FLOCK?

I lift from the ground slightly wobbling before landing again, I decide to lay there. I lay on my side, one wing sprawled on the ground behind me and the other flopped over me.

Sobs begin racking through me, body shaking as tears drip from my eyes. What is wrong with me? I clench my eyes shut and curl up as much as I can. My heart races as more sobs escape.

Where is my flock? Dead Dead, one of the flock is dead... Light? No, he wouldn't want to be flock... M? He's too far away, can't get to him. The leaders? No, not after what I've done... Sage and Wisteria? Would they really want to be flock with the person who just ran from them...