37, Be Careful

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Anwen sat down on his bed, shirtless dressed in his black boxer shorts hang low down his waist and his white towel across his shoulders, running his fingers through his short chocolate cooper hair feeling utterly down and disturbed.

He glanced around his dark litted room. The sun was yet to rise, signalling it was way too early for any of his brothers to be awake; even Rauw. The night before, he couldn't seem to sleep.

A feeling that he had gotten accustomed to after his younger sister was taken away. He had developed insomnia from an early age, making him anxious and constantly tired through out the day. When he finally came back to Italy to meet Kara, he expected things to ease up but it just went to a higher.

One again, he was disturbed. He felt like there was something wrong but he still couldn't figure out what and how things were wrong.

He picked up his Samsung galaxy S23 and checked through his last contacted number list.

DOC. MACEO

He read out, wondering for a moment who it could be. His contact list counted more than a thousand of numbers just from the business plus that of his family and friends, there was no way he could figure out who this man was.

He pressed on the number, holding the phone close to his ear and waiting for the man to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Yes... umm.... Is this Doctor Maceo Dupont speaking?" He asked.

"Yes it is. How may I help you?"

Now, Anwen was confused why he call him up. He had no reason for suddenly calling Maceo at such time in the morning and now, he had to find a good excuse.

"I'm Anwen La Masseria. It's been quite long since I last contacted you, according to my list it has been 2 years since and I wanted to ask how matters are moving?" He said, trying to hide how embarrassed he was.

"Ohh yes, Sir Anwen Masseria. It's indeed been long and I tried to contact you some months ago but you weren't available and moreover, you had also changed your contact"

"Really?"

"Yes. I'm sure you remember that young girl from that night, right? She woke up some months ago after being in a coma for a couple of years now- 2 years to be exact. We runned a couple of test and she was daignosed with Amnesia before being transferred to an orphanage"

Anwen went silent for a minute, recollecting his memories then it all clicked together. He could well remember about what happened. That night, In Paris, he was there to visit their headquarters in France and went out to have dinner at a restaurant. He saw that girl through his rear view, completely battered and trenches in the drizzling of the rain.

"Ohh yeah... I-I remember... How is she now? Do you have a way by which I can contact her? I will like to make sure she gets the help she needs, maybe even go for counselling so that such accident will not happen again" he replied.

"Yes sure. I ask the head of the pathology department for the number of the mistress of the orphange who took her in and send it to you later" Maceo stated, laying emphasis on the later.

Anwen sighed "Thank you. Sorry for the disturbances"

********

CASEY'S POV

This was a mess.

Not Monday, though Monday is always a mess but the whole thing going on was a mess and a conflicted one. I walked out of the girl's locker room, dressed up for my tennis practice when Jovie walked up to me with an also messed up look from top to bottom.