Ch.5 Evaluations

(It's 2 days later, The day of Evaluations and Interviews)

Y/N's POV

I woke up to my alarm that I set an hour early, I got ready and grabbed my breakfast. I stepped into the elevator with a smile. We convinced the other careers to let us eat breakfast on our own. I got to the roof and threw away my now empty plate, I looked up and saw Cato, I threw my arms around his neck and he hugged me close, "So, are you going to answer my question today?" Cato asks. I smile, "Yes, Cato, I'll be your girlfriend." Cato's face lit up and kissed me. I kissed him back and smiled. The rule was that if we dated, we would have to reveal it during our interviews with Caesar Flickerman. I grabbed Cato's hand and we climbed into the tree and watched the sun come up. "I love you, Cato." I say as I cup my hands around his face. Cato blushes and I giggle, "What's wrong Cato?" I say before kissing him. Cato smiles and we both look off into the sunrise.

Cato's POV

I looked back to the sunrise, Y/N might not have realized it but she reminded me that tomorrow we will be thrown into the Hunger Games and forced to kill each other. I know that Y/N is won't die, at least not at my hand but what if we are separated, what if she dies? I don't want to worry to much. I closed my eyes and smiled as the wind started to blow faster, I sighed, "We should probably go now." I jumped down and Y/N jumped down landing on her feet. She brushed herself off and smiled, "Let's go." We walked to the elevator and went to our separate floors.

Y/N's POV

I stepped out of the elevator and waved to Cato as the doors closed, "You really should stop hanging out with your boyfriend, you're getting to attached..." I turn around and of course, Nathan. "Well Nathan, you should be more likable and maybe you'd have at least an ally or friend or maybe even a lover..." I said as I rolled my eyes. I walked over to Annie and Clyde. "So, what are we gonna do in preparation?" Clyde smiled, "Well I pulled some strings and you're going to be matching the district 2 boy." My eyes widened, "What!" How did they know? I felt a hand on my shoulder, "I told him." I turn around and it's Finnick. "Alright, well I can walk in heels and act elegant for the camera's but what do you have in mind for my act?" I smiled to Annie and Clyde. Annie got excited, "I was thinking kind and gentle!" Clyde smirked, "And I was thinking the same. The confident and strong boy with a soft spot for the kind, gentle, caring girl." I smirked I know that Cato does have a soft spot for me but it's because I'm spunky and sarcastic with a bit of sass, Cato loves me because I'm not afraid to speak my mind and tell people off and be myself. "Alright." I said before giving a gentle smile, "Like this?" Annie claps, "Exactly like that!" 

I chuckle, "Well I'll try to keep it up." I went to my room and prepared myself for the evaluations. Once it was about 20 mins before the evaluations I walked into the main room and grabbed a sandwich. "We should head down to the training center for evaluations before the elevator gets filled." I motioned to the elevator and Nathan followed me into the elevator, I finished my sandwich and saw the level 2 and 1 buttons light up, I saw Nathan roll his eyes and the elevator started to go down. The elevator stopped at the 2nd floor and the doors opened, "Cato, Clove!" I waved to the two and they stood next to me. I leaned my head to Cato and whispered, "Do you know our little charade?" Cato smirked and whispered back, "Yea, you're a kind and gentle girl who showed me nothing but kindness from the start." I lifted up my head and smiled as Marvel and Glimmer entered the elevator. Clove hit the button for the training center and we went down. 

We got there and it was empty. I sat down next to Nathan in the district 4 female and male seats, while everyone else went to their assigned seats. We waited as more and more tributes entered, until the room was full, I looked over at the district 12 tributes, Katniss and Peeta. I gave them both a smile and wave, if I'm gonna keep up this act then I need to be friendly with the other tributes ever though one of them may kill me or I might kill them, but if I die I want it to be at the hand of someone strong, not some weak person who caught me off guard.