Chapter 17

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart,

But the very next day, yo—

I was decorating the living room with vines and tinsel, listening to the record player, until I heard the song suddenly stop.

"Hey!" I turn around to see what...or who, stopped the music.

There was Harry, standing in his pjs, while holding the cord.

"What the-!" I yell, lunging towards him, trying to grab the cord. As he sees this, he pulls backwards, causing me to stumble.

"It's way too loud! Me and Ron are trying to hang out in my room!" He exclaims, while I roll my eyes.

Just then, Tonks comes out of the kitchen, taking an oven mitt off of her right hand.

I gasp, as it looks like she was baking something.

"Did you make cookies?" I ask eagerly, trying to look past her in the kitchen.

"Yeah, they're in the kitchen," she says, as I run past her.

"They're hot, so be careful!" Tonks yells as I stare in awe at the delectables.

I always thought that Tonks made the most delicious cookies, ever since I was very young. It's a tradition for her to bake cookies in shapes of candy canes, and Christmas trees around the holidays.

I take the warm cookie, and bite into it, instantly becoming pleased. The chocolate chips melted in my mouth, adding to the delicious taste.

"Mmm...." I say, signaling my love for the cookies.

"I'm glad you like them," Tonks laughs, taking the hint.

"Are you serious? I don't think I've ever witnessed you bake a bad cookie." I state, causing Harry to nod, still a little annoyed with me.

Ron, having been in Harry's room, must have been confused with his long absence, because I noticed him walking out with a perplexed look on his face. That expression, though, soon turned to excitement.

"Ooh, cookies!" He exclaims, darting past me to grab one. Harry follows close behind him, while Ron grabs a plate and stacks it full.

Harry and Ron then leave at that, giving Tonks a small "thank you," and walk back to his bedroom, slamming the door.

I roll my eyes at his dramatics with the slam of the door, and walk back to the living room. I stand there for a second, admiring my work.

We usually decorate as a family, but I wanted to put up some little decorations, so it would look more homey. Remus has been very busy with the ministry, having been dealing with Umbridge being on the ministry, the possible return of You-know-who, and such.

I walked over to the record player, and removed the vinyl. I then walked to my room, wanting a little time to relax.

Once I reached my room, I grabbed my copy of The Cabin, and started to read.

45 minutes must have gone by, before I heard Harry's door suddenly open.

"Shut up, mate!" I hear someone exclaim.

That voice sounds familiar.

I furrow my eyebrows, as I slowly make my way up off the bed. Being only in a tank top and shorts, I was hoping it wasn't someone I knew, someone I wasn't comfortable with.

I open the door, though, to a surprise.

"Someone looks cold," Seamus teases, while I playfully roll my eyes at his remark.