Chapter 18

Christmas Eve, 1995

"Its such amazing news! Do you both have any name ideas yet?"

"Oh, not yet! We are still getting used to the fact that I'm pregnant!"

Currently, we are at the burrows for Christmas. It's a family tradition of ours, every Christmas Eve, we stay at the burrow overnight for Christmas morning.

It's been a week since we found out about Tonks's pregnancy, and it's been a popular talk throughout the family. Mentions of baby names and parenting tips were being shared with Tonks and Remus, causing them to be equally grateful, and a little overwhelmed.

Im sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace, reading a poetry book I found at the library earlier that week. It's a little hard to focus, though, with the immense chatter in the kitchen. All of a sudden, I feel a soft object hit my head.

"Ow! What the-!" I exclaim, meeting eyes with Fred and Ron.

"Sorry, Lo!" He says, taking the object (a pillow) back. As soon as he takes it back, he starts wacking Ron with it.

"Stop! Im trying to eat!" He complains, with a chicken leg in his hand. I roll my eyes and laugh to myself, turning back to my book.

I turn the page, starting another poem.

Your soft hand held in mine,
Under the starry night sky,
Felt I wouldn't ever cry
In your arms under the moonlight.

"Neville likes the moon," I think to myself.

What. the. fork.

I Slam the poetry book shut, earning a startled jump from George, who was sitting on the sofa across from mine.

"Lor, you good?" He laughs at my sudden action.

"Yeah," I laugh and put my face in my hands.

"Guys, dinners ready!" I hear Molly yell from the kitchen.

I've always loved Christmas Eve dinners. Molly makes such delicious chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, steamed vegetables, ham, mac and cheese, and an assortment of desserts. It was all so good.

I take a Seat at the bustling table, by Ginny and Tonks.

"Girl! Where have you been?" Ginny asks, hinting to the fact that I was sitting on the couch instead of hanging out upstairs.

"I'm sorry, I'm just getting so into the book I'm reading."

"Yeah, I could tell, I saw you blushing while you were reading," she laughs, while turning back around to talk to Ron.

My eyes widen, feeling the flush in my cheeks come back once again.

"Okay, let's say prayer," Molly exclaims, while we sell bow our heads and fold our hands.
After her wonderful prayer, the feasting began.

I fill up my plate with almost every selection of food. I guess I didn't realize how hungry I was until I started eating, because it suddenly hit me. 

"Mmm, this is so good," I say, in between bites of food. 

"Oh, I'm so glad you think so, sweetheart!" Molly exclaims, smiling widely at me.