chapter 11

*are you okay?*
-Maddys POV
"Hi jack" the girl smiles. She has silky brown hair, brown eyes and a perfect smile. I see Jacks jaw tighten as he says "Hi Taylor" .
***
Who in the hell is Taylor. I look at Jack "who is she?" I try to ask before Taylor says "crazy to see you here . Who's your friend ?" Jack rolls his eyes "yeah crazy. And this is Maddy " I wave awkwardly "nice to meet you". She smiles "likewise" before turning around just when the movie starts .
"That's my ex girlfriend" Jack says "oh" "yeah. And that used to be one of my really good friends which is her new boyfriend Devin" "what happened ?" I ask . "I'll tell you after the movie " I nod and turn my head to the screen.
***
When the movie is over. Jack grabs my hand as we walk out of the theater. We make it to his car and get in. I look at him "are you okay?" He nods "yeah sorry ." "So what happened between you & Taylor?" "Um remember when I took you to my special place. And I found it 2 years ago after something went down at a party?" I nod "well 2 years ago. I met Taylor she was Aarons cousin. We were close , and I developed feelings for her right away. We hit it off and just like within 7 months of knowing her. We started dating. I treated her like a princess. I made sure she was happy all the time. One night . We got invited to my best friend Devins party. We were neighbors ever since we were little kids. So we had a strong friendship nothing could tear us apart. Until that night . I just came out of the bathroom . When my friend came up to saying he saw Taylor walk off with Devin somewhere. I thought maybe they were just hanging out . Cause we all 3 got along so well. So I went around looking for her. And I was thinking that night . I was ready to give my all to her. We were gonna have sex. And I was happy because I really liked her. I walked into Devins room thinking they were talking cause I couldn't find them anywhere else. What I walked into pissed me off. Taylor was on top of Devin and they were having sex. I remember storming in. Taylor screaming. I punched Devin in the face I told him our friendship was over and to never speak to me again . I dumped Taylor right then before leaving the party. And I found my special place and sat there to clear my head " I grab his hand "I'm so sorry " I say. He sighs "I haven't talked to either of them since that night . Now seeing that there together, and just seeing them pisses me off. And Taylor acts like nothing happened . Which ticks me off" I turn his face towards me. His jaw is tightened and his eyes are so pale.
"Hey she isn't worth it. You shouldn't stress over her. You are better than that. Even tho we haven't known each other long . You are a great person and anyone would be lucky to have you alright." He smiles "thank you" I smile . We just sit in silence before his phone buzzes .
"Ugh" I hear him groan "what's up?" "Cameron invited me to a party but I'm not feeling it" I sigh "let's go" he looks at me "what?" "You need to get your mind off of what happened and have fun. Come on" he chuckles "okay fine"
******
At the party.
We are walking around. Jack is holding onto my hand. I can't help but smile , I'm falling for him even more each day . We grab drinks and make our way to the dance floor and dance .
***
2 hours later.
I've lost Jack after he went to the bathroom. I sigh and try looking for him when someone catches my arm. I turn to see some guy with hazel eyes and dark brown hair . He smiles "hey babe. What you doing alone ?" "I'm looking for someone actually" I walk away but he catches up to me. As I try walking up the stairs "awh come on." I push him off "leave me be" I walk down the hall before I'm being pushed against the wall. The guy grabs me and starts kissing my neck "get off of me" I pound on his back but nothing helps. I'm not that strong. I feel tears brimming my eyes as he pushes me onto a bed. And starts removing my pants. I try wiggling out of his reach "please stop" he doesn't until I feel him groaning in pain.
I look up to see Jack above me and the other guy on the ground. He looks at me. I stand up fix my pants and hug him tight. He picks me up and we leave.
****
Home.
We pull up in the driveway around 11pm. Jack looks at me "are you okay?" I nod "yeah I think so" "I'm so sorry this happened " I sigh "it's not your fault Jack" "I feel like it is. I lost you and you could've gotten raped and it would've been my fault" I shake my head "it's not . I dragged us to the party . You didn't loose me. I walked off and its my fault . Stop blaming yourself . I'm okay thanks to you" I smile . He nods "I'm glad you are " he smiles "goodnight Jack" I kiss his cheek before heading inside .