Chapter 7

*Congrats to the class of 2014*

-early in the day-
This morning I wake up to my annoying alarm clock. I see the time 6:00am. This will be the last time I gotta wake up.
Cause THIS IS MY LAST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL. AHH. I can't belive the day has come.
Just yesterday I was walking into school as a freshman with braces, my hair a mess and not wanting to be there.
I can say I survived 4 years of hell. Along side my best friend Savannah and I wouldn't trade her for the world .
******
I get dressed into my black maxi skirt and red crop top. I curl my hair before leaving my bedroom into the kitchen . I see my mom standing there "it's my girls last day of high school today" I see tears well up in her eyes . I give her a tight hug "don't cry mom" I hear her sniffle and I pull away smiling "I know but then your leaving for the summer and then you go off to college" I sigh "I know but I'll be home every holiday. And even sometimes on the weekends. I'll only be 8 hours away" "8 hours too long" I hear my sister groan . "Enough of the tears . I need a ride to school" I roll my eyes "fine let's go drama queen" I say with a smirk . She gets up and walks to the door "I'll be waiting in the car" she shuts the door and leaves . I look at my mom "have a great last day hun" I nod "I will . Byee" I hug her before heading out .
****
At School .
I rush to my locker and see Savannah there. She hugs me tight and I laugh "hey" I say as I pull away "can you believe it's the last day of high school for us?" I sigh "doesn't feel like it. But I'm glad it is" Savannah laughs "me too and this summer is gonna be fun" I smile. Knowing in just 4 days I'll be able to see Jack .
Speaking of him I feel my phone buzz. I grab it to see a new message from him .
Jack: Good luck on your last day of high school today. Can't wait to see you in 4 days. Talk to you later cutie
I smile and reply.
Me: thank you❤. Can't wait to see you later. Ttyl Gilinsky :)
I look back up to see Savannah smirking at me "texting your boyfriend Jack?" I roll my eyes "he's not my boyfriend . But yes he wished me good luck on my last day" she smiles "aww how cute . So you guys gonna start dating when we are in Nebraska?" I sigh "I don't know. I like him a lot but who knows he might just wanna be friends plus after the summer . I'm going off to college, and he's still gonna be touring with Magacon" Savannah frowns "ok. Well you guys should but we need to get to class." She tugs on my arm and we head off.
******
The whole day goes by in a blur . To think 2 minutes until I leave my last class forever . I look up at the teacher . She smiles "well to those who I'll never see again after the summer. Hope you have a great time in college and good luck with your future plans. But don't be afraid to stop in and visit once in a while" she ends her speech right when the bell goes off. I collect my things and walk out and meet up with Savannah . "We are done" she says . I smile "surely are"
****
Ceremony. (3 days later)
Right now I'm standing infront of my mirror wearing my cap & gown. this is it, after the ceremony tonight and getting my diploma I'll be down with high school.
**
I take one last glance before my phone buzzes . I grab it to see 2 new messages one from Savannah .
Savannah : ready to officially be done with high school tonight ? ;)
Me: hell yeah :)
The other one is from Jack
Jack: hey cutie :) . So how's it feel being done with high school ?
Me: good :) my ceremony is tonight . Haha it all feels weird to me tho :p
Jack: haha send me a pic of you in your cap and gown :) . It will feel weird but you'll get used to it .
I open up my camera and take a duck face selfie and send it to him .
Me: there's me;) haha I guess. And I fly out tomorrow night to Nebraska for the whole summer :)
Jack: damn;) . Can't wait to see you.
Me: damn what ? & me too
Jack: you look amazing :) I should let you get to your ceremony . I'll see you soon cutie :)
Me: thank you :) bye .
I hear my mom call for me and I run down the stairs . She looks at me "my baby girl is all grown up" I smile "can't believe this is it" my sister stands up "can we go ?" I roll my eyes "of course" I slide on my shoes before we head out .
****
School
I find Savannah we talk for a bit before we need to get into line and we walk into the auditorium filled with parents, teachers, other students and people with cameras. I take my seat as our principle gives us a speech .
"I would like to say it was a great 4 years getting to know all of you. You have grown into responsible adults. From the moment you stepped into this school back into 9th grade . Scared of what was going to happen, or if you were gonna get teased by the seniors. Now you are walking out today into your next step college . Make the most of it before you know it. You'll be off working in a big company or training to become a doctor . Whatever you decide make sure it's something you will love, and be passionate about. Thank you" we all clap and that's when we get called on stage for our diplomas.
"Maddy Rose" I look up and walk onto stage giving each teacher and my principle a handshake before sitting down again to stare at my diploma .
After the last person is called our principle grabs the mic again "alright stand up class" we all get up "I'm pleased to announce the class of 2014 . Congratulations" we throw our caps into the air.
I actually did it. I graduated high school.