Chapter 2

The Sky People launched small attacks on the Na'vi. Jake, Palu'teyo, and Neytiri were in the midst of battle. Meanwhile, Neteyam and Lo'ak were assigned to keep a lookout for any incoming threats.

In the sky Jake led the air forces, riding on the backs of Ikran.

"Let's go!" he ordered through the comms system.

Neytiri gave a battle cry and lifted her bow in the air, echoed by the other riders, including Palu.

The Sky Peoples train sliced through the forest that the Na'vi sought to reclaim. With a blast from the air forces, they managed to derail the train.

"Ground forces, go!" Jake ordered.

If they worked fast, they could commandeer the weapons and other supplies, taking the invaders' goods to use against them but their attack was quickly detected, and aircraft swept in, firing upon them.

"Palu!" Neytiri called.

"Got it!" Palu called back.

Sharing another whoop, they soared in, bows and arrows at the ready.

"AH!" Neytiri yelled and fired, striking one craft right through the front window, hitting the driver. Without any control, the craft quickly descended and crashed.

"YEAH!" Palu gave a victorious yell, smiling widely.

"Ma'Jake," Neytiri was soon updating through the comms. "We are clear up here."

"Copy that."

Neytiri turned to Palu. "Go to your father."

With a nod, Palu rode on his Ikran, Rawm, towards where his father was. Suddenly, Rawm squawked, alerting him of something below. He quickly looked down and saw his brothers in the thick of the battle.

"Tsk, skxawngs." Palu muttered to himself as he redirected his Ikran to fly down after them.

Once he landed, he towered over to his brothers and grabbed them both by the back of their necks.

"What the hell are you doing?" he hissed, towering over his siblings and pulling them away from the weapons.

Noticing that Lo'ak was holding a gun, Palu quickly took it away from him.

"You with a gun? Oh Great Mother, please help us now!" he joked, handing the gun to a nearby Na'vi.

Lo'ak rolled his eyes while Neteyam laughed. Just as he was about to question why they were down there again, his father's voice came through the earpiece, warning them that a gunship was inbound.

"Shit. Go!" Palu yelled, pushing his brothers ahead.

Explosions erupted behind them as they ran. Without looking back, he knew what was happening. The sound of a missile falling grew louder, and at the last second, he pushed them out of the way. The impact from the blast threw him several feet, and he landed on his stomach, knocking the wind out of him.

"PALU!" he could hear his dad scream after a bit.

Palu tried calling back, but his head was spinning, he felt dizzy. He didn't have the strength to turn himself around, let alone yell. He felt around the ground until he found a rock and started banging it on the metal he landed near so that he could be located. Eventually, his father ran toward him with Neteyam over one of his shoulders and a scared expression on his face.

"Are you okay, boy?" he questioned, checking for wounds on Palu's back.

"I'm fine, just dizzy," Palu'teyo said weakly.