Empire's treasure

"Omega?" Orla gently knocked on the wood next to her curtain acting as a door to her room. The knock was pointless however as it didn't create much noise. Regardless, Omega still opened the curtain for her, but only a tiny amount so she could see inside.

"I'm alone don't worry, can I come in?" Orla asked politely and Omega guested for her to enter. With the room being so small, Orla had to crouch down to sit into a curled up ball. Omega sat in front of her in the same position, hugging Wrecker's Lulu tightly like it would run off the moment she let go. 

"I feel like a burden." Omega knew Orla came to make her feel better, and she knew Orla knew that she overheard Echo so there wasn't much point in bottling it all up. 

"That's not true and you know it. Echo has his own issues with Hunter and this mission and that's not your problem, nor is it your fault." Orla felt sick to her stomach that Omega could possibly feel this way.

"But it is, because of me Hunter is always resistant in taking jobs and we have to hide so that the Empire doesn't find and capture me. I should have just gone with Cut and Suu when I had the chance."

"Really? Well do you think Cut and Suu would have been able to protect you from those bounty hunters? Do you think they would be as willing to put their life on the line for you, or willing to be captured to protect you? I get you to think that this squad is being more careful with you around and you're right they are because you're a child Omega. You may technically be older than them but they know more than you about how dangerous this galaxy is. they want to protect you, so maybe that means they're going to be safer and more careful but that doesn't makes you a burden.  We all have to be extra careful because of the Empire, to protect each other as a squad not just you because we think you're weak. But no one thinks that you have strength and heart and you're generous and compassionate. If they thought you were too weak to have around they would have left you on Kamino. But they didn't because you're their sister. above everything else you're family, your blood, or DNA even."

Orla could see a faint smile lifting across Omega's mouth.

"Does that mean I convinced you?"

Omega straightened herself up, "A little bit."

"Better than nothing," it would take more than one good speech to convince Omega she wasn't a burden, but she would keep trying if that's what it took.

★★★

The Marauder settled down on Serreno, blending into a vast forest area which spread through the planet with the exception of the city just up ahead. The rest were eager to set off but Orla left just after Omega who took her time waiting for the rest to exit. As Tech presented his directions, Orla noticed that Omega was still waiting by the door and so did Hunter.

"Are you coming?" Hunter asked. Orla hadn't informed Hunter about their previous conversation, knowing Omega wouldn't want or want Hunter to worry. So Orla gave her a hand helping her jump down the last few steps as the door shut behind them. 

They treaded far enough that they could see the city up ahead of them. The squad halted, taking a glance at the ruins of the city below. The entire area was as white as snow and quiet as a graveyard. They could all hear the whistling in the wind which overtook any voices of citizens who might have once lived there. Now there only lived the sounds of the force.

"That's the city?" said Omega, "what happened to it?"

"Imperial orbit bombardment," Echo replied, "same as on Kamino."

Omega's curiosity shifted to fear as she realised the Empire was wiping out more cities, and more people. She thought more now that Echo must have been right. They should be fighting but because of her, they were hiding to protect her.