Part 3

[Part 3]

“Perhaps swooning wasn’t your best idea, dearest little sister. Did you really want so much to be the damsel in distress?” Daniel teased on relentlessly, despite the fact that Marcy was on the couch, groaning at the pain of having a lump on her head.

When she had fallen, Vergil had acted almost instantaneously. Sliding past Dante to reach her, he had caught her falling body, though her head had hit the door frame with quite some force.

“Shut up, Daniel! It is embarrassing enough as it is!” Marcy threw her slushy ice pack at our brother, reaching for another.

“You would think living with the two living cosplayers of your favorite video game characters would cushion your shock, don’t you? For one Dmc fan, you react pretty awfully. Hey, I’m a dmc fan too, and you don’t see me fainting at the sight of Dante.” Daniel tried to sound reasoning, but it obviously didn’t work with my sister, or even me –for that fact.

“Then what would happen if Lady walked in right now? Instant boner?” Marcy yelled her frustration at our brother while I kept myself gladly beneath the scope of discussion, carefully setting up a list of to-dos for my secretary while I caught up with cleaning this mess off my plate.

“Yeah, so what? She’s hot, and I have every reason to get turned on when I see her! At least I would have a tongue in my mouth, rather than just swooning like a lousy Barbie!” Daniel yelled back, obviously sore.

It had never settled well with him knowing that Lady chose Dante instead of anyone else. Much as it was unlikely for Daniel to be prejudiced, Daniel WAS, in actual fact, prejudiced against Dante hanging out with Lady.

But what could he do about it? Dante was the one Lady gave herself to.

Marcy jumped up from the couch, shaking her fists at him. Even at the peak of her teens, Marcy never seemed to let go of that air of childishness that made my sister exactly who she was.

“Barbie! How dare you call me Barbie, you stupid loveless fool! You’re hung up over the wrong girl, and even if she came, she must be blind to see anything in you!” Marcy yelled hotly. I looked up from my list, awaiting a Daniel-style reply, which probably either meant that he would protest indignantly, or he would fly into a fit of rage at the sudden, severe jab Marcy made at his manly pride

 Surprisingly, neither of it happened. Something else did.

Dante walked into the room with curious eyes instead.

“Who must be blind to choose Daniel, hotness?” Dante asked, sliding up next to Marcy with an arm slung around her shoulder, bringing her close to him.

Daniel glared at his sister, warning for her to not spill his secret. Perhaps it wasn’t the best idea right now to tell Dante that his other half wanted very much to be with Lady. Knowing the both of them, the testosterone fight between them would never end.

“Where is Vergil?” I interrupted the imminent fight, looking up from my list to give Dante a demanding look, knowing that I looked like his twin when I did that.

He gave me a withering glare and plopped down where Marcy had been sitting, patting the space beside him with a meaningful look on his face towards my sister.

“Upstairs, finding a room that he can use to stare into midair, and do his weird spells.” Dante shrugged, replying me anyway.

“That is called meditation and it hones on the source of your demonic power and trigger, Dante. Don’t be such a fool.” A new voice interrupted, and Vergil walked in with Yamato in his hands, but foregoing his trademark blue trench coat for a pair of fitting black slacks and a low vee neck that was colored a dark blue.