Emotionless Effect (idkk😭)

~GIYUU POV~

I slowly open my eyes to a blinding light. What happened? I slowly sit up only to feel a sharp pain in my head. Ow! Why does my head hurt? I slowly bring my hand to brush against my forehead and instantly regretted it. I looked down at my fingers to see blood. How'd I get that? Oh yeah...Final selection! There was this exceptionally strong demon and I was going to loose but...Sabito saved me. Speaking of which, where is he now? "Ah! Tomioka-san you're awake!" I looked to see...Murata-san beside me. "Sabito! Where's Sabito?" I asked frantically. Murata-san's expression changed from a surprised one to a sad one before he said "Sabito-san...is no longer with us...this was all they found of him..." while handing me a tattered bloody piece of his yukata. "Um...I'll take my leave then. Please take care of yourself." Murata-san said before leaving the room. I didn't bother to reply to him. I was more focused on holding back my tears. I waited until he left the room and bursted into tears. Why..? Why was it always the good people who suffer? Sabito didn't deserve to die! He was the strongest, yet he still died. Why was life so unfair? If...If I had been stronger...If I haven't left everything on Sabito...he wouldn't have died. It's all my fault...Sabito and nee-san...I clutched his yukata close to my chest, not planning to ever let it go. I'm sorry, Sabito, nee-san...I let you die...Because of me you had to die...You risked yourself for my pathetic, worthless life...You can't die yet...What about Urokodaki-sensei? What about becoming the world's best demon slayer? What about becoming the next Water Hashira? 

-Giyuu spent the next 2 days in his room crying until he physically couldn't. His eyes became emotionless, losing all light. Whenever the Kakushi tried to give him food, they'd get concerned  by the continuous sobbing/screaming coming from his room, so they'd just leave the food outside the door. During the 2 days, Giyuu washed and stitched half of Sabito's yukata to his sister's haori. When he finally came out of his room, Kakushi escorted him to meet Kagaya Ubuyashiki for his Kasugai crow and uniform. He's now headed towards Urokodaki's house.-

I half-heartedly made my way towards Urokodaki-sensei's house. What was I going to tell him? How was I going to tell him that Sabito died because of me? Because I was too weak to do anything. I let out a sigh and continued walking. 

By the time I'd reached Urokodaki-sensei's house it was late at night. I hope I don't disturb him. I wonder if he even slept. I slowly raise my hand to knock on the door. I felt like a disgrace...The door was swiftly opened by Urokodaki-sensei, who instantly pulled me into a hug. I felt my mouth go dry and my hand sweat. "Sabito-he-I" I miserably fumbled over my words but Urokodaki-sensei just rubbed my back comfortingly. "You don't have to say anything. I know." After hearing those words I let all my tears out again. 

After I calmed down, we both headed inside. I quickly got changed while Urokodaki-sensei quietly prepared dinner. I wonder what was going through his mind. I wish I could tell...Sabito was always good at reading Urokodaki-sensei.

We ate our dinner mostly in silence. Even eating dinner felt plain without Sabito. Sabito brought happiness to everything, he was like the glue that held us all together. It should've been me, not him..."Giyuu." Urokodaki-sensei's voice broke me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him to indicate I was listening. "I'm glad you came back alive." It should be Sabito, not me. "I'm truly impressed you made it back." It was just luck. If it weren't for Sabito I would be long dead. "It's not the first time a student of mine has died. Don't blame yourself for Sabito's death." If I had been stronger, Sabito wouldn't have had to save me. I could've helped him defeat that demon and he wouldn't have died. He died protecting me. It is my fault. My whole life I've somehow survived by running away and having people protect me. I shouldn't be alive. "I'm sorry Urokodaki-sensei, I'm not hungry. I'll head to bed now." I said, leaving the room before Urokodaki-sensei could object. I didn't want Urokodaki-sensei's pity. 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! Next chapter will be timeskip, after Tanjiro passes Final Selection because yes 👹.