Breakdowns and Revenge

~SABITO POV~

Since the time we got back from Tamayo-san and her bastard assistant's place, Yuu has been extremely silent. I thought he'd be happy now that there's a chance to bring me back to life. Maybe he's just thinking! Yuu has always been an overthinker...The only difference was, back then I could always tell what he was thinking, now I can't. I haven't seen Yuu in 8 years, of course he'd change, but I didn't expect him to change this much. Ever since I've arrived, I haven't seen Yuu smile once. I've tried everything to get him to smile or laugh. I even tried using cringey pick up lines but he'd either walk away or give a simple response. 

Currently Yuu was in bed, sleeping. He had abruptly got up from the dinner table saying he was tired and went to sleep. I let out a sigh. Sometimes, I really wish I could read his thoughts. It would make things so much easier. I wasn't used to not being able to understand him. I wanted to get my best friend back. I let out a sigh before getting up and leaving Yuu's estate. I felt very cooped up, I haven't been outside in days...I made sure to make myself invisible before leaving, can't let anyone see me...

As I was walking, admiring my surroundings, I noticed a guy with white hair and scars. He was the angry chihuahua who bullied Yuu during the Hashira Meeting! I decided to follow him to his estate. His estate was similar to Giyuu's except it was awfully unorganised. I got an idea! I looked away as he changed his clothes and lay on his futon, waiting for him to fall asleep. Few minutes passed with me wandering his room, when I heard soft snores coming from him. Perfect! I quickly make myself visible before picking up some of the angry chihuahua's belongings and running out the estate. Now, what do I do with them? I can't keep them at Yuu's estate in case he finds them there and the blame falls on Giyuu. Is there a river somewhere where I can drop them? After another 10 minutes of walking and finding no river to my extreme disappointment, I decided to simply bury his clothes in the ground. Unless he the angry chihuahua has the old man's keen sense of smell, he'll never find them. That's what he gets for being mean to Yuu! Now he'll definitely be late to the next Hashira Meeting! I slowly made my way back to Yuu's estate while imagining the angry chihuahua's reaction. 

The moment I entered the estate I heard loud cries coming from Yuu's room. I quickly sprint to his room, banging his door open.

~GIYUU POV~

I got up from my bed to see no Sabito. "Sabito..?" I call out while running to find him. A few minutes later, I'd searched every room, every corner, and still I couldn't find any trace of Sabito. Just as I was starting to panic, my surroundings changed.

Huh...? Where am I? Why is everything black...? I slowly get up and walk around to see...Sabito! "Sabito, do you know where we are?" I ask while running towards Sabito. He didn't respond. "Sabito! Sabito!" I tried calling out but he just kept walking. "Sabito, where are you going? Don't leave me here alone..." I said while running to catch up to him, but he just kept ignoring me. Why isn't he responding? Did I do something wrong? "Sabito, why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry for whatever I did but please don't ignore me..." I said with tears welling up in my eyes. Still no response. I reach out my hand to stop him, but it goes right through him, causing me to fall onto my knees. What...? Why can't I touch him...? Suddenly, Sabito turns around, kneeling down beside me. "Sabito!" I exclaim, surprised he stopped. "What's wrong? Do you know where we are? Why were you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? Why can't I touch you?" I question frantically, while looking down, fidgeting with my haori. I could feel Sabito's gaze linger on me for a while before he roughly grabbed my chin, sending butterflies in my stomach. The longer he gazed at my face, the more nervous I got. My heart was pounding against my chest so loudly, I was sure he'd be able to hear it. He turned my head slightly to the right, then to the left, before he opened his mouth and said: