Mᴇʀᴄʏ

______________________________________

Jamie stands next to Aisha outside the All Valley Tournament. To say she was nervous would be an understatement. Everyone else around her seemed to be completely calm, aside from Miguel who was quite literally punching the air.

"Yo, Miguel, calm down, man. Save some for the tournament," Hawk tries. Miguel stops for a second to glare at him before continuing.

"Hey, don't even bother. He's been super aggro ever since the breakup." Aisha says

"Well, where's sensei? The tournament's gonna start soon." Hawk says

"He'll be here." Aisha nods

"I don't know about that." Bert says

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw him last night at the mini mall. I was buying-" He hesitates, "A carton of milk when I heard him in the parking lot yelling."

Jamie groans, "Why didn't you tell us this earlier?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm just so used to seeing him drunk it didn't seem like that big a deal." He shrugs

"Well, we're here, and he's not. So it's officially a big deal." Hawk says, "What if something happened to him?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know." Hawk shrugs, "Like he drove his car off a cliff, or he bought a gun and blew his brains out."

As he says this, Miguel finally stops to look over. Aisha shakes her head, "No, sensei would never kill himself. It's too pussy a move."

"Whatever. I mean, we're here. We're gonna have to do it without him." Hawk sighs

"Do what without me?" They look over to see Johnny walking up

"Sensei." Aisha says

"We didn't think you were gonna show up." Hawk says

"I may not always win, but I never back out of a fight."

"Great." Miguel says, "Let's sign up."

Johnny shakes his head. "Not yet. There's one more lesson I have to teach you."

______________________________________

They finally made it in the building where there were hundreds of other students waiting to compete. The teens stand in a circle with Johnny in the middle. Jamie standing in between Aisha and Hawk with Miguel on Hawk's left side.

"You've all learned to strike first, to be aggressive, not be losers." Johnny starts, "I've taught you to strike hard, put every ounce of your power behind everything you do. But I haven't taught you the third rule of Cobra Kai. No mercy. The older you get, the more you're gonna learn that life isn't fair."