Bang Chan

"I thought we had something

"I thought we had something."

.
.
.

~Age: 21~

The first week of the new semester has begun and I anxiously walked to my morning class and slightly picked up my pace in hopes of arriving there before other students to choose my designated seat for the rest of the semester.

Warm rays of sunlight shined down on my face before I was enveloped in a cool light shade from the looming trees.

I walked past numerous unfamiliar faces and navigated my way through the passing students who walked on the same path.

Transferring from a community college to a university was completely different in terms of the size of the campus and I was thankful that I checked out where my classes were beforehand.

I arrived at the building and found my classroom number. I pulled open the door and entered the medium sized classroom and saw a girl sitting near the front of the classroom with her eyes glued to her phone.

There were five rows and I quietly made my way towards the back of the classroom and seated myself at the second to last row in the middle of the classroom.

I set my backpack down under the desk and pulled out my phone and saw a text message from my best friend Lily.

Lily 💕
I'll be there soon. Just got out of class.

I'll save you a seat.

I clicked on Instagram and scrolled through my feed and randomly liked different photos from old and close friends or ones that caught my interest until I saw Lily's story who looked dead from waking up so early.

I smiled at the fact that Lily and I have never parted ways since the moment we met in high school and even ended up choosing the same university to attend.

I heard the door creak open and lifted my head up expecting to see Lily, but saw a guy dressed in a black long sleeved sweatshirt with blue jeans and a black beanie on top of his head.

His eyes scanned the class as he decided on where to sit until his eyes met mine and I gave him a small smile that he returned before I glanced back down at my phone, but two things that were quite noticeable about him were his tired brown eyes and his dimples.

But he was undoubtedly cute.

I heard his footsteps making their way down the aisle and he seated himself right behind me. Little by little, more students started to creep in either by themselves or with a friend.

Lily graced me with a bright smile once she entered the classroom and rushed to the seat that remained unoccupied next to me until she turned around and waved at the guy behind me and said, "Hey Chan."