Felix

"Just look at me babe day and night

"Just look at me babe day and night."
.
.
.

~Age: 5~

"Hi," I softly spoke and stared at the young blonde haired boy in front of me whose freckles were oddly cute.

"Hello," he politely greeted me and casted his eyes downward with reddened cheeks after meeting my eyes for a split second.

'She's pretty.'

Our parents gently nudged us forward and he almost stumbled forward, but caught himself and stood proud and tall in front of me and my mother.

"He's grown so much since the first time I saw him," commented my mother as she smiled at the boy.

"Likewise. Your daughter is almost an exact replica of you. I just wonder if she will have the same wit and drive as you to keep your business afloat."

"Oh she will. She is the heiress to my company after all," proudly stated my mother which only made the other woman chuckle.

"She better make haste then. Felix has already started learning the ways of our company and as the heir to our company, we will surely be number one."

Our mothers fiercely glared at each other while Felix and I quietly slipped away to avoid being dragged into their next heated argument.

I gazed at the numerous people dressed luxuriously who conversed with other people to build connections.

This is the world my parents brought me into and I had to remain poised, headstrong, and presentable in front of this crowed all while internally dying of boredom.

"How... old are you?" Asked the blonde boy as a way to start up a conversation with me.

"I'm five."

"Oh, me too!" He excitedly blurted out, but immediately lowered his voice and controlled his bubbling excitement. "Sorry, I'm just happy to meet someone my age."

"You're quite short for your age," I pointed out and compared our difference in height with my hand and I was about one and a half, maybe even two, inches taller than him.

"Don't look down on me, I'm still growing!" He protested in embarrassment and I uttered an apology.

I turned around without having anything else to say and aimlessly walked around the large place with nothing to do or play with until I stepped outside into the garden and sat myself on a bench surrounded by roses.