Changbin

"Why won't you look at me?"

.
.
.

~Age: 2o~

I lay on the ground out of breath with my chest rising and falling with sweat coating my face as I stared up at the ceiling.

It has been a week since I was scouted by an entertainment company to become a trainee and it happened during my working hours at my full-time job. The reason why I was recruited was merely because of my face and despite lacking in skills, they were more than willing to train me right away and help me improve over the next couple of years.

I was very hesitant about joining at first, but there was no denying the burst of emotions that swelled up inside my chest every time I watched idols perform and wished that I could dance like them.

I had some dancing skills because I would enjoy learning and dancing along to the music, but it was always done in private and I hardly ever showed anyone.

"This is more tiring than I expected," I huffed and sat upright to crawl on over to where I left my water bottle.

I chugged down half of the water bottle and gasped for air when my lips parted from it. "I really needed this."

"Good work today. I saw some small improvements here and there these last couple of days, but I expect more as time passes. We will continue your dance lessons tomorrow. For now, rest up and you will meet with your vocal coach in an hour."

"Thank you," I smiled and slowly stood up on my feet, but groaned when I felt my muscles ache all over and staggered my way out the door with her.

I bid her farewell and parted ways with her and made my way to the elevator. I stopped in front and clicked on the button and patiently waited as I hummed a song.

When the doors opened, I came face to face with three of the Stray Kids members. My mouth almost hung open, but I stopped myself and smiled at them and politely bowed, "Hello."

'Did I really have to meet them looking like this? Ew.' I internally cried and raised my head when I heard them greet me.

"Oh? A new face?" Chris, or better known as Bang Chan, rose his eyebrow as he studied my face as he stepped out along with the other two.

"Oh, you're right. I haven't seen her around before," added in Han.

Changbin remained quiet as his eyes turned soft and remained in a daze the moment he laid eyes on me.

"I'm (Y/n), a new trainee. I just started last week, so that's why I may seem unfamiliar," I answered.

Chan and Han spoke with me for a couple more minutes while Changbin gave short responses or simply nodded his head during the conversation, but his mind was preoccupied with other thoughts while staring at me.