Keep Your Eyes On Me

Shouta didn't like to be in public view. That was a large, main reason he had become an underground pro-hero rather than a hero in the limelight. He just didn't relish being in the spotlight like his husband did or like any other hero he knew of did. He just wasn't one to be in the spotlight, wasn't the type to want that type of focus on himself because he knew that no matter what he would do, no matter what he tried to avoid, those eyes would be on him, and the public would know his every little move.

Every little mistake, every little life changing moment, and he didn't want that for himself. Even if he knew what he was getting into when he entered the hero course, he went in knowing that eyes would be on him no matter what he did and no matter where he went; that alone was a feeling he wasn't sure he enjoyed. No, he knew he didn't enjoy that. But it was strangely a different case all together when it had come to Hizashi.

He didn't want those eyes on him but rather he needed them, and he did his best to make sure those eyes would gravitate towards him even if it was in response to his sullen or snappy attitude at the moment. He wanted to be the focal point, the one thing Hizashi could watch, and he wanted every move he made to mean something when that gaze was on him. All this time he never thought it meant anything, that he was merely besotted and absolutely, disgustingly in love with the blonde that he merely wanted to be his number one.

However, here lately, Shouta was really wondering if there was something more to it than he originally thought. Shouta didn't think of it at the time, hadn't even considered it, but there had been moments. Moments where he'd be in the apartment, having gotten pretty turned on from the flirtatious pictures Hizashi would send him that often included a lifted shirt to flash his smooth stomach with that hint of muscles to it or the way he would hook his thumb into the waistline of his pants tugging them down just a bit to reveal the dip of his pelvis.

And it was in those moments where, given he was confident he had time, that he would naturally masturbate to the images paired with the rather scandalous texts the blonde would be sending him despite being on patrol or at the damn agency. He hadn't thought anything of it; hadn't thought one bit about the reaction at the time, the chills it sent down his spine as he sat there with his feet braced on the coffee table and squirming with the thrill of getting caught.

The thought of Hizashi walking right in like any other day and having those eyes on him as he touched himself. He hadn't stopped to think about what it meant, and he hadn't thought about it any other time it happened afterwards as these little thoughts of having the blonde watch him as he touched himself, never pieced it together in the slightest bit just what that meant for himself. He had looked it up online at one point.

He had been convinced there might have been something wrong with him, only to get some rather bland articles about it being some chemical or instinct thing in the human brain that made it thrilling to be caught doing something he shouldn't. And that's what he chalked it up too; an instinct or something. Just a dirty thought that did a whole lot to get him horny. Of course, now as an adult he realized there was a word for people who liked to be watched while doing that type of thing, people who got off on their partners watching.

It was the exact word he himself had added to the list. Exhibitionism. He had heard the word be thrown around countless times in his life, heard it described for other people all the time in that playful and joking manner, but he never actually thought it would be something that would connect with him. He wasn't the type who wanted to have sex in risky places, didn't want to be caught that way, but rather he wanted only one set of eyes on him, and they were the only ones that ever counted.

Had been the only ones that counted. It's where he sat now on the couch, biting at his thumb nail while scrolling through an article waiting for Hizashi to walk through the front door. He didn't know how the blonde would feel after the day he had, given the texts he'd gotten, so he knew he needed to go about this carefully. Don't spring it on him. Just say it casually or cautiously. Hitoshi had long since taken off with his group of friends, Eri was tucked away in bed and had fallen asleep long before her head even touched the pillow.