Prologue

Dear Will,

My first day of high school was yesterday. It wasn't completely bad if i'm honest. Lucas has decided to try out for the basketball team, and im thinking about trying out for the cheer team. Pretty crazy, right?

Mike and Dustin already made friends with this guy named Eddie Munson. He flunked his senior year TWICE, so he's 20 years old. He's the freak of the school according to my new friend. Her name is Chrissy Cunningham and she's the captain of the cheer team.

How are things in California? I can't wait for you guys to come over for Christmas. Mike is already planning his visit for Spring break. I already picked out my Christmas gift for you.

Living with Steve hasn't been terrible, but sometimes he gets protective of me. By sometimes, I mean a lot.

I'm really excited to see you. I hope you get this letter. I love you.

Your wonderful girlfriend,
Y/n

★★★

Dear Y/n/n,

Things in California haven't been that bad. I haven't really made any new friends, but I wanted to join the art club. Maybe that'll help me get more friends.

Eleven hasn't been doing too great in school. This girl named Angela and her friends decided to starts picking on her for no reason. She needs her powers back, really badly.

I'm excited to see you when we go visit Hawkins in December. I miss you a lot. Things aren't the same without you or the party.

I got you a little early Christmas gift. I save up my allowance to buy it for you. I hope you like it. I love you.

Your lovely boyfriend,
Will

★★★

Y/n read the letter and placed it down next to her, she opened the box that came with the letter. She took out the tissue paper and reached inside. It was a walkman with a ton of different music.

The girl smiled to herself as she looked at the different types of cds. Madonna, Blondie, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Kate Bush, The Clash.

She put one of the cds into the walkman, hit play, and put the headphone on. The music played into her ears.

It was definitely one of the best gifts she's ever gotten.