Vecna's Curse - [PT1]

Hawkins, Indiana - Harrington Household
Third Person Pov

Y/n woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily, as she sat up quickly. She looked around in took in her surroundings. It was just a nightmare. It was just a nightmare.

She wiped the sweat from her forehead and went downstairs. There was a note from Steve saying that he had left to work and there was leftovers in the fridge or microwave meals.

Y/n opened the medicine cabinet and took out the Tylenol before popping one into her mouth. She poured herself a cup of water and swallowed the pill.

She went to the fridge and looked inside. She didn't really have much of an appetite, so she just shut the fridge. Then she heard the doorbell ring.

Y/n went to answer the door and saw Max and Dustin. "Uh, hey?"

"We need to talk." Dustin exhaled.

★★★

"Chrissy Cunningham? As in, my friend and the captain of the cheer team?" Y/n repeated as Dustin paced back and forth. Max was sat on Y/n's desk chair and Y/n was sat on her bed.

Y/n had changed into a new outfit, out of her pajamas.

"Yes. Well- I'm pretty sure that's what I saw." Max stated.

"But it's not confirmed yet." Y/n shook her head. She didn't want to believe it. The first friend she made at high school was murdered?

"Y/n, I'm like ninety percent sure it was Chrissy. I saw her with Eddie last night going into his trailer. I think he was gonna sell her some.." Max trailed off.

"There's no way. Chrissy buying weed? For Eddie Munson? I don't believe it."

"I know, it's hard to believe, cause she's so perfect. But yesterday she was in the bathroom, I could see her kneeling in front of the toilet from under the stall. I think she was throwing up." Max recalled the memory from the previous day.

"Do you think Eddie did it?" Y/n questioned the red head and curly haired boy.

Max stayed quiet while Dustin defended his best friend, "No way! Eddie wouldn't do that. I know he's a 'freak,' but he wouldn't murder a cheerleader."

"We can't assume anything," Max shrugged.

Dustin threw his hands to his side in frustration. Y/n looked at the two, "Did you tell this to the cops?"

"That's the thing I need to add. When I saw them go into the trailer I saw something else." Max recalled the memory. "I was watching tv in my living room, and it started to glitch. I mean, yeah, I live in a shithole, but I was trying to fix the antennas and it wouldn't work. And the lights started flickering too. Like, more than it normally would."

"And then I heard screaming. I looked out of the window and Eddie was running out of the house. Fast. He got in his car and drove away. When I woke up, I started thinking about it again. He looked scared. He was scared because, he just killed someone or...b-because..I don't know, maybe..."

"Something else killed Chrissy..." It was all starting to click in Y/n's head, "But there's no way. That's impossible. The mall burned down, they destroyed the secret Russian base—" Y/n was starting to freak out.