The Monster and the Superhero - [PT1]

Hawkins, Indiana - Lovers Lake
Third Person Pov

The group had brought food and drinks for Eddie, since he had to camp out at the lake.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news," Dustin told Eddie. "How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always," Eddie shoved handfuls of cereal into his mouth and chugged a beer.

"Okay. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

Y/n walked over to the corner of the room. She hasn't used her powers in forever. Did they still work? After Starcourt battle over the summer, El had completely lost her powers.

Y/n found a bucket in the corner of the room and focused really hard. The group continued to explain to Eddie about what they heard with the police and how they had already experienced all of this before.

The girl looked into the bucket and tried. She felt a wet feeling under her nose and next thing she knew, the bucket was filled with water. It was only room temperature, so Y/n had to work on it.

Eddie looked over to Y/n and noticed the bucket full of water. "What the fuck is she doing? How did Little Miss Cheerleader get water in that bucket?"

"I was getting to that," Steve said. "We usually relied on Y/n and this other girl, who have super powers. But Eleven isn't here and Y/n can barely use her powers."

"I can being my powers back. I just filled up that bucket of water, I can help."

"No, Y/n, I don't want you in danger," Steve argued.

"Yeah, so we're technically more in a.." Robin searched for a word to end her sentence.

"Brainstorming phase," Max added.

"What?" Y/n asked Steve. "Steve, if I don't help the whole town— shit the whole world is in danger."

"We're not having this conversation right now." Steve ended the argument and the girl rolled her eyes.

"There's nothing to worry about," Dustin assured the boy who was inexperienced with the Upside Down monsters.

Sirens were heard in the distance and everyone panicked. They put the tarp over Eddie and looked through the window. Police cars, and ambulances drove by.

★★★

Steve, Robin, Max, Dustin, and Y/n got out of the car and saw Nancy getting questioned by a police officer. She waved at them and Steve waved back.

★★★

"So this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy is from the upside down?" Nancy asked Steve. He has explained the whole theory to Nancy.

"If the shoe fits."

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse," Dustin explained. "Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know."

"We just know that this is something different from what happened before. Even with Will. This is new." Y/n said.

Nancy shrugged, "It doesn't make sense."

"It's only a theory," the curly haired boy reminded her.

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. Why them?"