Vecna's Curse - [PT2]

Hawkins, Indiana - Lovers Lake
Third Person Pov

It was dark out, but the group finally arrived to the house. Dustin walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell about five times before ringing it repeatedly and knocking on the door.

"Okay, well, that's settled. I guess he's not here." Steve mumbled.

"Eddie! It's Dustin!"

"Great."

"We just wanna talk, okay? No cops, I swear. We just wanna help," He yelled.

Max and Y/n peered into the house with their flashlights.

"Eddie!" Dustin called again. He rang the doorbell continuously, "Rick!" Dustin banged on the door again. "Reefer Rick!"

"Don't scream that name. It's literally a drug dealer," Steve scolded Dustin.

Y/n and Max walked around the back of the house until they spotted something, "Hey, guys!" Max called.

It was a boat house.

They looked inside through the windows, trying to find Eddie. Robin opened the door and peered inside, "Hello? Is anyone home?"

There was tools and a raft with a tarp over it. Y/n looked around and the raft caught her attention, "Steve," She looked at him and pointed her eyes at the tarp.

Steve took an oar that was hanging and began to poke at the tarp. Dustin flinched and looked at him, "What are you doing?"

"He might be in here." Steve continued to poke it.

"So take the tarp off!"

"If you're so brave, you take the tarp off." Steve argued back.

"Hey, look over here," Max said. Y/n walked over to her. There was a table full of empty beer bottles and trash.

"There was someone here." Y/n spoke.

"Maybe he heard us. Got spooked and ran." The older teen girl explained.

"Don't worry. Steve will get him with his oar." Dustin joked.

"I know you think you're being funny, Henderson, but considering the fact that everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times, personally, I don't find it funny in the slight—"

Something jumped up from the tarp, pushing Steve against the wall and scaring everyone. The three girls quickly turned around to see Eddie holding Steve against the wall with a broken beer bottle to his neck.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Eddie! Eddie! Stop!" Dustin called out to his friend.

Y/n used her abilities to fling the bottle out of his hand. It landed on the floor and shattered. Everyone turned to look at her as she wiped her bloody nose.

Eddie looked at the group with a terrified expression, "What the fuck was that."

"We're not here to hurt you, Eddie." Dustin told him.

"What are you doing here?"

"We're looking for you."

"We're here to help." Robin said.

"Eddie, these are my friends. You know Robin, from band. "

Robin mimicked the trumpet that she plays for band at school.

"This is my friend, Max" the curly haired boy pointed at the red haired girl behind him. "The one that never wants to play D&D. And you know Y/n, the cheerleader." Y/n waved.

"Eddie. We're on your side."

"I wouldn't say on his side after he tried to kill my brother." Y/n muttered. Dustin kicked her knee. "Never mind, totally on your side."

"I swear on my mother." Dustin exclaimed. "Right, guys?"

"Yeah, I swear on Dustin's mom." Y/n nodded."

"On Dustin's mother."

"Yeah, Dustin's mother." Steve agreed.

Dustin walked over to Eddie, who was sliding down the wall with a traumatized look on his face.

"Eddie..We just want to talk." He reached to touch Eddie's hand, and once they touched, Eddie flinched. "Okay?"

The group slowly got closer to him and looked at him.

"We want to know what happened," Robin crouched next to Dustin.

Eddie sniffed and looked at them all, "You wouldn't believe me."

"Try us." Max shrugged.

★★★

Eddie explained to them what happened to Chrissy, at least what he saw. Y/n began to feel tears brim in her eyes as she heard what happened to her friend.

"I-I didn't know what to do, so I.." Eddie stuttered, "I ran away. I left her there. You all think I'm crazy, right?" The man scoffed.

"No," Dustin answered in a soft whisper, "We don't think you're crazy."

"Don't bullshit me, man! I know how this sounds."

"We're not bullshitting you." Max told him.

"We believe you." Robin said.

"Look," Dustin began, "What i'm about to tell you might be a little difficult to take."

"Okay."

"You know how people say Hawkins is..cursed? They're not.. way off. There's another world. A world hidden beneath Hawkins. Sometimes it bleeds into our world."

"Like, ghosts and shit?" Eddie questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"There are worse things than ghosts." Y/n said.

"These monsters from this other world.. we thought they were gone. But they've come back before. That's why we needed to find you," Dustin continued to explain.

"If they're back again, we need to know," Max inquired.

"That night, did you see anything?" Robin asked.

"Dark particles?"

"Fleshy monsters?"

"It would almost look like dust. Swirling dust."

"No, man," Eddie shook his head, "There was nothing you could see or touch. I tried to wake her. She couldn't move. It was like she was in a trance or something."

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows, not remembering any of this happening before with Will.

"Or under a spell?" Dustin asked.

"A curse." Eddie said.

"Vecna's curse."

Who's Vecna?" Steve questioned, very confused about what they were talking about.

"An undead creature of great power." Dustin replied.

"A spell caster." Eddie added.

"A dark wizard."

AUTHOR' NOTE:

short chapter bc yeah 🥰