Loose Cannons

Nightshard pov

A lot has happened over the last month or two from Unricon waking up from his billion-year nap and Uncle Orian losing his memory in the process to Bee losing his t-cog to M.E.C.H. to which he got back at the end. : Hey sis have you found anything on our long-lost cousin?: Bee asked me when he spotted me in the hallway heading to the main area. "No not really but I have a feeling that he's heading right at us along with something else," I said though Bee knew that when I had a feeling I was usually right. : I know but I want a bit of closure from that for us both and Uncle Ratchet: Bee said and I know that he's right. Both of us knew that our cousin had disappeared before we were born and he was only two years older. When we arrived at the main area, we saw that we were the last ones coming in. "Prime you have to have better have a tighter leash on your team," Fowler said over the comms. "I have my entire team accounted for Agent Fowler," Uncle Orian said taking note that we're all here.

Fowler then put a video feed for us to watch as Arcee said that Megatron was having issues keeping his ranks in line. "It is one of ours," Uncle Ratchet said seeing that one of the bots on the feed had the Autobot insignia. "Wheeljacks back," Bulkhead said with a smile on his faceplates. Ratchet opened the groundbridge to get us to Wheeljack's position so when we had gotten there he was having a shoot-out with the Decepticon in question who I noticed before we had gotten closer was none other than Dreadwing himself. "Took you guys long enough to get here," Wheeljack said before trying to shoot down Dreadwing after he scanned Fowler's jet (this is the third time that it had happened to the poor guy) when he blew up the abandoned gas station. "He rigged the place to blow," Wheeljack said as we approached him. "That was all you and it's called a gas station," I said looking at Wheeljack who I noticed that he had a look in his optics. "It's like an Energon depot it doesn't mix well with blaster fire," Bulkhead pointed out. Uncle Orion told him they were close to a human population and had to be discrete. Once we returned to base, Uncle Ratchet started to patch up Wheeljack and I started picking up on the subtle details that reminded me of Uncle Ironhide which was at that moment that I realized that Wheeljack was me and Bee's long-lost cousin. 

 "I thought you were looking for Autobot refugees," Bulkhead said, remembering Wheeljack's last visit. "I found one a Wrecker," Wheeljack said to which Bulkhead and I looked at him wanting to know who he found. "Who?" Bulkhead asked with a smile. "Seaspray," Wheeljack said in response. I remember that old bot as the one that brought me into the Wreckers along with Kup at the start of the war. "How's old barnacle butt?" Bulkhead asked. Wheeljack told us that Seaspray had been killed by Dreadwing hence why he followed him here in the first place. "You have to have a tighter leash on your people Prime," Fowler yelled at all of us. Wheeljack turned to look at Fowler with a sour look on his face pissed. "I'm not one of Prime's people," Wheeljack said before walking away to his ship. "Wheeljack was part of the Wreckers a unit that is known for taking missions that others wouldn't take most not returning," Uncle Orion said knowing how many of us from the unit didn't come back. I heard Fowler saying that the wreckers were the equivalent of the military's black ops.

"Bulkhead and I are going to talk to Wheeljack to see if we could get him to see sense," I said with Uncle Orion knowing that I was often one of a few bots that Wheeljack was willing to listen to and take orders from. When we found Wheeljack with his ship was making sure that it was getting fixed from his fight with Dreadwing that happened earlier. "You two going to try to talk some sense into me?" Wheeljack said when he spotted us from the corner of his optic. "A little but it's more trying to get the whole picture of the situation with me though not sure about Bulk," I said. Bulkhead and Wheeljack went at it about their perspectives when it comes to following Uncle Orion in the long run. "What about you cuz what's your take on this?" Wheeljack asked me which cought both Bulkhead and me off guard. "When did you find out about us being cousins cause not even Bee and I knew?" I asked, and that alone had both mechs thinking. "Found out after the last time I came by to visit along with the fact that I disappeared though I want to deal with Dreadwing first," Wheeljack said. Speaking of the devil, Dreadwing contacted Wheeljack to set up a meeting place to finish what they started and I knew that this was going to end poorly.