17. Hormonal

Regina loved a good ride in the fresh air. It was her one request from Otto that he stop fussing over capital business for an hour every moon and go riding with his little sister. This moon Viserys came.

Regina smiled back at him as they rode along the beaten path. Her two favorite people beside her aegon snoring against her chest. The steady gallop of a horse under her. Regina didnt know what could be better.

"Aegon isnt this fun! Bonding with nature and daddy and uncle otto!" Regina coed kissing his head. Aegons eyes opened and he blinked up at her. "Morning love bug. Look where we are!" Aegon stared around. He had fallen asleep before they got out.

"Oooh!" Aegon declared reaching for the reigns.

"We are on a horsey!" Regina kissed his cheek as he fisted the regins.

"Gooo gooo!" Aegon shouted happily.

"I he wants to go faster my love," viserys remarked. Otto had to admit that he liked his mandatory ride with his sister every Moon. It was nice shutting his brain off from all his work, and just enjoying the moment. Getting to see his sister so happy. So free. Getting to see the king and queen in such a state of peace.

"Race? Aegon want to race?" Regina questioned.

"Ya ya ya!"  Aegon bounced against her. "Ya ya ya. Goooooo!"

"Ready Vis?" Regina purred. "Set... Go!" Regina took off leaving them in her dust. Aegon giggled out.

"Thank you." Otto remarked "for making Regina so happy." Viserys smiled back at him. "Im glad- honored to call you family."

Viserys stared back at otto a long moment as a smile curved his lips.

"Regina is the best thing to ever happen to me." Viserys assured. "Im happy to call her mine. Im glad we are family. We have been friends for a long time otto. Regina is the..." viserys smiled as she waved back at them. "I love her so much."

"That makes me really happy. I know how much she loves you." Otto agreed.

"I think you called upon your sister after aemma died. did you have your sister in mind for me?" Viserys pondered. Otto chuckled.

" she was already planning a trip up but she wasn't planning on staying. I was just going to be a visit for a few moons but then when everything happened she knew you needed a friend. Yes she had a crush on you for ages. I will admit it, but it was all her idea to come to you to offer you a shoulder to cry on. To be friend in a time of need. I don't think she expected more at first but when she heard you were looking for a bride, I think she wanted it to be her not because she wanted to be queen but because she wanted you." Otto remarked.

" I'm glad she came. I'm glad she pursued me. If I'm being honest, I always thought she was beautiful, but I had been engaged for far too long already set to be married and I was always a man of my word." Viserys remarked.

" You would've married my little sister back then?" Otto questioned.

" I would have." Viserys admitted. "Now I need to catch up."

When they got back regina put aegon down for a much needed nap and spun around to face viserys the biggest smile on her face.

"Oh... I almost forgot!" Regina remarked kissing Viserys.

"Hate when you forget to kiss me." He agreed. She put his hand on her stomach.

"I'm pregnant." Regina corrected. "But yes kisses are very important." She assured as Viserys jaw dropped slightly before he kissed her again. "Another boy, I can tell."

"Oh Regina!" Viserys declared holding onto her. She could ignore the mirrors warnings as she held onto him. She felt so safe in viserys arms.

Regina could have spent hours kissing viserys. He treated her so gently. The way he caressed her every curve, holding her lips hostage to his.

But that happy high of the morning riding in nature with her son and her husband sun shining. The birds chirping a small breeze through the air keeping her cool. Then all of a sudden she felt a wave of emotions. Sadness. Happiness. Exhaustion.

"Alicent is so perfect. Rhaenyra hates my guts. The mirror is so judgmental and this baby-" regina whimpered tears streaming down her cheeks. So many feelings and emotions filling her all at once for no apparent reason. She was doing great. She was so happy then all the sudden she snapped.

"Oh regina. It's the hormones. And you're leaking through your eyes for the first nine months and then you're leaking through your teats." Larys offered hugging her.

" how are you so good at this?" Regina questioned.

" my mother was pregnant she died in childbirth. I was a kid, but she went through this wave of emotions. She was happy one moment, crying the next. I remember being so confused. I remember thinking that I had to do some thing to help her. She really needed was a hug." Larys admitted.

" well, she raised a wonderful man." Regina remarked. "Thanks for the hug. It was just what I needed."