Chapter 21

Gavin's POV

When I was with Kikay in Tagaytay, gustong-gusto ko nang sabihin sa kaniya that I like her.

I know it's too fast but I can't control myself liking her.

She's so innocent, simple, and funny. I like her sense of humor. Sino ba ang hindi magkakagusto sa katulad niya?

When I was about to tell her, she was in a rush.

Wrong timing! Bwiset!

Maybe this is not the right time for me to tell her.

When the time has come, I want it to be romantic. I want to tell her that I like her in a romantic way 'cause that's what she deserves.

A girl like her is really hard to find. For me, she's one in a million.

Napakasuwerte ng taong mamahalin niya.

At sana ako 'yon.

I wish I could be the guy who destined to be with her.

I wish I could be the one. Please hear me, Universe!

When I got home, I messaged her immediately.

"Thanks for being with me again, Kikay. You don't know how happy I am when I'm with you :)"

I waited for her reply.

After a few minutes, I got a message from her.

"Wala 'yon, Pierre"

Pierre?! Inaantok na ata si Kikay. Nakalimutan niyang ako si Gav. Haha!

"I'm not Pierre, Kikay. If you're sleepy, go ahead! I know you're really tired. Haha"

"Shet! Sorry, Gav! Antok nga siguro ako. Sorry sorry! Pero salamat din, Gav. Ano pala 'yung sasabihin mo sana?"

"Nevermind, Kikay. Maybe this is not the right time to tell you. Darating din tayo d'yan! :)"

"Oki oki. Good night! Salamat ulit!"

"Good night, beautiful! Don't forget to pray! XOXO"

Hay, Kikay! Bakit Pierre ang nasabi mo? Naiisip mo ba siya?

My heart ached. Si Pierre ba ang crush mo? Sana hindi.

Hindi ako makatulog. Kung anu-ano ang naiisip ko.

I can still see Kikay's tamed face. I can still hear her laugh which is music to my ears.

Am I in love with her? No... no! It's too fast. Maybe I am in awe because I met a very strong and independent girl.

I need to stop thinking about her.

I need to go to sleep. It's already past midnight.

I'll see you tomorrow, Kikay!