Family Dinner || Chapter 8

┈┈⛧┈♛

"Come on Mike! Up up up!" Mrs Wheeler said, pulling his covers off him. "It's summer... why are you getting me up so early." He groaned loudly as his mom opened the curtains and let all the sun in. "You need to shower, we're going out for dinner tonight." She said with a smile, folding some of the shirts he had thrown across the foot of his bed.

"I thought you were making chicken tonight." He said as he pulled the covers over his head again. "Well we were invited out so we are going. Now go shower." She said, pulling the covers off him again. He groaned and got up reluctantly, walking towards the door. "Who even invited us." He muttered under his breath as he left the room and went into the bathroom.

Later that day his mother was doing Holly's hair when she noticed what Mike was wearing. "Michael! You are not wearing that, we are going to a nice diner and that is not what you wear at those places! Go change into something nicer." His mother said firmly, Mike grumbled and stomped up to his room, he put on one of his nicer button up tops.

"Okay, time to go!" His mother called and they got in the car, he groaned as Holly squirmed in the middle of him and Nancy. "Why are we all going? I thought dad wasn't coming." Nancy said, clearly annoyed about being squished in the car. "Because we're going to have dinner with the L/n's again." Their mom finally revealed.

"What?!" Mike shouted, not wanting to see Y/n after the incident with that spider, he still hadn't figured out why his heart was racing when she was in his arms. "I thought you'd be excited, Y/n is your girlfriend after all." Mrs Wheeler said, Mike felt his cheeks heat up as Nancy's ears perked up. "Mike and Y/n finally got together?!" Nancy asked with a teasing voice.

"Shut up!" Mike said, looking away. "Mike and Y/n sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes-" Holly began to sing but Mike groaned in interruption. "Come on Mike... it's not the end of the world that we know you're dating Y/n." Mrs Wheeler said, looking over at him from the passenger seat. "Yeah son, my parents didn't know I was dating my first girlfriend till her parents found out and told them." His dad said as he parked, Mike rolled his eyes and got out.

They walked straight into the restaurant and saw the L/n's, they all sat down together quietly. Mike next to Y/n, Nancy in between Y/n's brothers, Ted and Holly on the other side, while Karen and Margaret sat together. "So what's this big fancy dinner for?" Mike asked Y/n quietly, Y/n looked over at him and sighed. "She didn't tell me, she just said to wear something nice." Y/n mumbled.

Mike looked at her outfit, it was a pale yellow dress with daisies as the pattern along with a pair of black mary janes. "It is a pretty outfit..." Mike thought before realising what he thought. "No way... it's not even that nice." He thought again, trying to push away that weird thought. Then he noticed that she had a white headband on, she looked a bit like his mom when she wore headbands like that.

"My family found out about you being my... 'girlfriend'..." He whispered, looking at her as she blushed. "I guess now we have to pretend to be together in front of our families too now." She said shyly, looking over as her brother's glared at him. "I think your brother's hate me..." He whispered, shivering as they continued to glare at him.

"Yeah... they're a little overprotective." Y/n whispered before looking back at Mike with a sweet smile, making his heart race once again. "Uh... sorry about... the other day... I realise how insensitive I was and I'm sorry." He said quickly, trying to distract himself from the sudden butterflies in his stomach. "It's okay... I should've been honest..." She mumbled, straightening out the creases in her dress.