The Argument || Chapter 11

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

After a while El, Max and Lucas were still at the Quarry and Mike was getting pretty pissed off. He started taking it out on Y/n and the argument blew way out of proportion. "I don't care! Maybe this was a terrible idea! We shouldn't have come here!" Mike shouted, Y/n was standing with her back faced to the water. "It's not my fault you can't do anything right." She muttered under her breath.

"Whatever! I hate you." Mike shouted, turning away from her, it was quiet for a moment and he scoffed. "Now you go quiet... ugh, you're so annoying." He said, turning around and seeing her gone. "Y/n!?" He called, confused, he looked at the water and saw a splash. "Shit!" He muttered, climbing down to get her, "Why do I even care? She's not even my real girlfriend." He thought as he swam to get her.

She held onto him as he pulled her up, helping her out of the water. "You idiot, how'd you manage to fall in." He said, wrapping his arms around her as she shivered. "I don't know... it was almost like something pulled me in..." She said quietly, Mike looked over at El who was smiling. He sighed and they went to his house, Y/n dried herself off and sighed.

"My dress smells like the quarry." She muttered with a frown, Mike chuckled and Nancy came in. "Here Y/n, I have some old clothes that might fit you." She said, leading Y/n out of Mike's room, leaving him alone. "You know, I'm glad you and Mike are together..." Nancy said softly, helping Y/n dry her hair. "Really?" Y/n asked shyly, looking up at Nancy.

"Yeah, I mean, I know I teased you two a lot when we were younger but... I meant it, you two were cute together." Nancy said softly, Y/n smiled slightly. "Thanks, I'm pretty sure your teasing embarrassed Mike a lot back then." Y/n said, giggling slightly. "Yeah, it was hilarious how his cheeks went bright red." Nancy said, laughing with Y/n.

"You know, when Mike stopped hanging out with you, mom scolded him because he refused to do family dinners with yours cause he was embarrassed but after I'd catch him looking out the window expecting you guys to come over." Nancy said as she looked through her old clothes, Y/n giggled. "Really?" She asked, watching Nancy set aside some clothes.

"Oh yeah, he missed you so much, he was always moody and angry after. It was actually kind of cute how much he missed you." Nancy said, handing Y/n a few outfits to try on. "Thanks for letting me borrow your clothes." Y/n said as she took them. "Oh no, you can keep them if you like them, they don't fit me anyway." Nancy said softly, smiling as Y/n's face lit up.

"Wow! Thanks Nance." Y/n said, quickly going to try them on, they fit perfectly and Y/n actually really liked them. "Dear, I'm gonna wash your clothes here so you don't have to carry around wet clothes home." Mrs Wheeler said, carrying a laundry basket. "Oh thank you Mrs Wheeler." Y/n said, watching as she walked away, Y/n went into Mike's room and gathered her things.

"I should head home now." Y/n said, Mike looked up from the notebook they had the rules in. "Uh okay, see ya." He said, Y/n noticed he had scratched off the no kissing rule and the dates only when El goes out rule. "Yeah... see ya." She said, leaving quickly, she didn't want things to be awkward between them so she pretended not to notice.

"Shit, I didn't apologise for arguing with her today... I'll do it tomorrow, she's already left and I don't want to look desperate." Mike thought, watching her walk home through his window before deciding to clean his room. He knew his mom would end up telling him to sometime soon so he may as well do it now to get Y/n off his mind.