Remembrance

Hiccup's P.O.V.

I remember a talk I had with my dad. It was years ago, when I was still little. I wanted a glass of water, it was the middle of the night, and I saw my dad crying. I think it was one of the only times I ever saw him cry. He was missing mom. "But with love comes loss, son." I remember the words he told me. "It's part of the deal." Those words have stuck with me. "Sometimes it hurts, but in the end, it's all worth it. There's no greater gift than love." I didn't understand what those words meant at the time, but I look down at Toothless and see that he was sad.

I look over at (Y/N) as she comforts Twilight. She looks up and we make eye contact. We didn't have to say anything, but I knew what she was thinking. We make it to New Berk and land on a grassy area near a cliff. I walk to stand in front of Toothless and look over to see (Y/N) standing in front of Twilight, I can see the sadness in her eyes but she smiles at Twi. I know what I have to do. I sigh heavily, "It's okay, bud. You belong there. You and Twilight. With them. We don't. And that's alright." I tell him, petting his head. I hear footsteps and look to find (Y/N) standing to my left and rest a hand on my back. I see Twilight walk over to Toothless and gently nudges him. I lower my hand as I prepare myself, "We'll find a way to man-" But before I could finish both of them turn their heads.

I look over to where they're looking, but only see tall grass. But then I see the Light Furies above the grass. They followed us. They followed us! "Hey! They followed us back!" I exclaim, as I look at Toothless and see him smile widely as he gets excited. He licks my face, but I don't let that bother me. "We might not have to say goodbye after all." I say, seeing him go to the female Light Fury. The male Light Fury walks over to Twilight and he gives her a soft roar. I smile then feel someone take my hand and I look to find (Y/N) smiling. She looks at me and I smile at her.

There was a grunt and we both look to see Twilight walk up to us then looks back at the golden-eye male Light Fury. He slowly walks up to us and I smile widely. He stops in front of us and give us a small. I let out a laugh in disbelief and raise my hand to him. (Y/N) raise a hand too and the male Light Fury lets us touch him. He even gives (Y/N) a small lick on the face and I chuckle a little. "Thank you. It's nice to see you again." (Y/N) says to him. I then look over to see Toothless make his way back to us, but stops as he looks back at the female Light Fury. She looked unsure and stayed where she was. (Y/N) go of my hand as she walked over and bends down, she even removed her sword and set it aside. "It's okay. We are not gonna hurt you." She says in a calm tone. I stand next to her and bend down as well, smiling at the blue-eyed Fury. I hear a growl behind me then see the female Light Fury walk slowly towards us. "That's it." I say.

"Woohoo! Yeah!" I jump up and see Ruffnut land. Wait, Ruffnut?! But she was... "Ruffnut? You're here?" I hear (Y/N) sounding confused. "Miss me?" She says and I look to see Scuttleclaw. Where did she... "Ruffnut, how did you escape?" (Y/N) asks as I wonder the same thing. "I annoyed them until they let me go." She answers, chuckling. I feel my heart beat quicker, "W-Wait.... Grimmel let you go?" I question her. "So dumb. They couldn't handle me. See, everyone thinks Tuffnut's more annoying but-" "Hold on. Hold on!" (Y/N) interrupts Ruffnut. "Ruffnut! Focus. Were you followed?" I ask her. "I never look back, Hiccup." She says. No. No, no, no, no!

"Toothless!" I exclaim, running to them. "Twilight! Toothless! Get out of here!" I see (Y/N) running as she calls out to them. I hear a roar but then it went quiet. No. No! "Toothless! Twilight! Come back!" I call out. Then I saw him. Grimmel. He shoots Toothless and Twilight and they collapse. "NO!" I yell and run faster. But we were too late. Grimmel chains them all up and an an aircraft was being carried by Deathgrippers. "Now our little game must come to an end." Grimmel says, him on that craft. But then I hear roaring and see all of Berk's dragons. I look back at Grimmel as he moves and aims a harpoon at the Light Furies. This guy. "Call them off, Alphas! Now reason for them to die, too!" Grimmel says. Toothless and Twilight roars at the dragons to not attack. They stop and could only glare at Grimmel.