15.

the day had been long and eventful, the group of wolves and vampires had journeyed far from the site of their intense battle with the mages and assassins that were sent by the vampire king. it was only a matter of time before the vampire clan were notified of the assassins' lost. as the sun began its descent, casting a warm golden hue across the landscape, they finally decided to halt their travels and take a moment to rest near a clear lake. the rippling water caught the last rays of the sun, creating a picturesque scene that offered a sense of calm after the recent chaos.

the weariness from the battle had left them quiet, each lost in their own thoughts as they pressed forward. when the moon began to ascend, a sense of newfound safety blanketed the landscape.

the glistening lake, the soft whispers of ripples of it reached their ears. the surrounding trees rustled gently, a harmonious symphony of nature's nocturnal creatures serenading their arrival. they settled on the grassy shore, allowing the cool breeze to soothe their senses after the harsh events of the day.

beomgyu stretched his arms overhead after he had shifted back to his human form, casting an appreciative glance at the peaceful setting. "this is exactly what we needed. a breather."

taehyun nodded in agreement, his features relaxing. "yeah, it's good to have a moment to just... be."

seungmin hums, his eyes tracing the tranquil waters. "nature has its own way of healing, doesn't it?"

changbin chuckled softly. "well, i think we could all use some of that right now."

as the moon ascended higher into the sky, its glow took on an ethereal quality, enveloping the surroundings in a gentle blue luminescence. the very air seemed to hum with a unique energy, a sensation that made their skin tingle in response.

jisung watched in defeat as the moon's light intensified, its brilliance casting a spell on the surroundings.

kai suddenly spoke beside him, startling him out of his thoughts. "wow, i've never seen anything like this."

felix's eyes widened in surprise, and he pointed upwards. "look! the moon is... changing."

indeed, the moon's blue hue transformed into a mesmerizing shade of a brighter blue, casting an otherworldly glow across the landscape. the group watched in a mix of curiosity, defeat, and wonder as the moon reached its apex, its light taking on an even brighter intensity.

the blue moon, slowly emerging from the horizon, began to glow with an ethereal light, casting a mesmerizing blue sheen across the entire area. the soft illumination enveloped the surroundings, lending an almost magical quality to the moment.

in the presence of the full blue moon, the long-awaited revelation unfolded. the mates' connections, a mystery that had remained hidden, were about to be unveiled.

and then, as if responding to an ancient call, the light shifted, forming intricate patterns that danced across the moon's surface.

one by one, the mates were revealed, their bonds made evident by the appearance of intricate tattoos on their wrists. the tattoos, bearing the initials of their destined partners, shimmered with a faint, otherworldly light. but for those who were true mates, an even more remarkable display emerged—a delicate, crimson string that connected them, a tether woven by the moon goddess herself.

gasps of fear and amazement filled the air as their wrists were illuminated by a soft, glowing light. the initials of their mates' names appeared as faint tattoos on their skin. for some, the initials were familiar, while for others, they were met with a mixture of surprise and intrigue.