Chapter 2: Winds of Loneliness

3rd POV

Venti: [I know I cannot stop you, Yap. However, please. Open up to her, will you? I'm begging you. Just open up to her once more.]

As the days turned into weeks, Venti's concern for Yap never wavered. He continued to be a steady presence in Yap's life, offering a listening ear and gentle advice whenever needed. But as much as he respected Yap's need for space and time, he couldn't help but worry about his friend's well-being.

Venti often found himself gazing at the starry sky, thinking about Yap and Eula's once unshakable bond. He knew that their love was strong, and it pained him to see them drifting apart. The bard understood that sometimes, pride and hurt could stand as barriers between two hearts that longed to be together.

Within the Knights, whenever Yap is known to pass through areas, they make sure to give him a wide berth, for fear that they may invoke a blizzard's wrath.

Lisa: I thought those 2 were often together? What happened..?

Jean: (Sighs) I... am not too sure myself. I did try to mend their relationship but.. it seems that Yap took quite a drastic action.

Lisa: (Eyes widen a little) Don't tell me...

Jean nods, giving Lisa the answer.

Jean: Yes, he decided to distance himself from Eula. He's been avoiding her and keeping his emotions bottled up.

Lisa: (concerned) That's not good. They were so close, what could have caused this?

Jean: It seems there was an incident with another person, and it hurt Yap deeply. He's struggling to come to terms with it, and Eula is unaware of the extent of his pain.

Lisa: (sympathetic) Poor Yap, and poor Eula too. It must be so hard for both of them.

Jean: Yes, it is. But I hope that with time and some guidance, they'll find a way to communicate and heal.

As the days passed, Lisa and Jean could see the toll that the situation was taking on Yap and Eula. Yap's once bright and cheerful demeanor had dimmed, replaced by a sense of brooding sadness, while Eula appeared conflicted and lost, uncertain of how to bridge the gap between them.

The wrathful blizzard that was inside of Yap continued to brew stronger and stronger as days pass. Despite what he said to the others he would figure things out or find a suitable time and place to talk to Eula, he passed time by his own.

Both Outlander's Frost and Eien No Negai tasted blood everyday as the Blizzardfrost Knight would cut down hilichurls, Abyss mages, Treasure Hoarders, Fatui, whopperflowers and so on.

It was like a blood bath. With Yap only standing above all of the fallen.

TH: P-please! S-spare me! I've a family to look after!

Yap: ... Family?

TH: Y-yes! I promise to stop doing these things, even!

Yap: ... That's what they all say. 

Grabbing a mostly incapacitated Treasure Hoarder member by his bleeding head roughly, Yap's eyes pierced into his, scaring the poor thing.

Yap: What about... if I just killed your entire family with you along?

TH: !! W-w-w-wait! W-we can talk this out, surely?!

Yap: Talk it out..?

The Treasure Hoarder nods, hoping his captor would buy it. However, Yap's expression darkened even more as he roughly grabbed his head and violently smashed his head against a nearby tree repeatedly until he heard a cracking sound coming from his head, then dropped him.