Chapter 12: The Oratrice Mecanique d'Analyse Cardinale

3rd POV

Yap: [The only good thing today would be the chat with Clorinde and maybe the duel with Skirk. And the rest is just a bunch of shithole of an avalanche. Lumine's reports can wait. I'll only do it on the last day unless by some miracle he dies or something. Not that I can be bothered with anyway. Insufferable vermin...]

As the night deepened, Yap's eyes closed, and he succumbed to the embrace of sleep, knowing that the coming days will be more troublesome.

The next day dawned over Fontaine, with the city slowly awakening to the sun's gentle rays. Yap, the Frostfall Revenant, stirred from his sleep, his ice-cold eyes opening to a new day.

As he got ready, a sense of irritation lingered within him. The task Lumine had given him – a simple report on Aether's well-being – was met with deliberate defiance. Yap took a seat at a small writing desk in his hotel room and began to pen down the details, or lack thereof.

Yap: (Muttering to himself) Figure it out, "Princess." I'm sure your intellectual sense is still working.

His words dripped with sarcasm as he left the report intentionally vague, offering only a fraction of the information Lumine might have expected. A subtle act of rebellion, perhaps, reflecting the underlying tension between the enigmatic Frostfall Revenant and the determined Traveler.

Sealing the report, Yap made his way to the designated location to hand it over to an Abyss Mage for delivery to Lumine. The hooded figure bowed respectfully, taking the sealed parchment without uttering a word.

Yap: Tell her it's the best she's getting. I've got other things to attend to.

With that, the Frostfall Revenant left the rendezvous point, leaving Lumine with a report that posed more questions than answers.

---

With Lumine....

After receiving and reading the report by the Frostfall Revenant, her anger naturally started boiling and eyebrow, twitching every now and then.

Lumine: All I asked for was a report... yet he still had the audacity to write it in this manner?

Lumine's frustration simmered beneath the surface as she reviewed the vague report from the Frostfall Revenant. Her eyes narrowed at the cryptic details, the intentional lack of information leaving her with more questions than answers.

Lumine: (Sighs) Well, I suppose I'll have to make do with whatever he's given. I'll figure it out on my own.

------

Back to Yap..

Entering the Opera Epiclese on his own all alone, it was empty which is very surprising considering the opera house is usually a place where trials are usually held, and drama, performed. 

Now, the Frostfall Revenant is alone and in front of the Oratrice Mecanique d'Analyse Cardinale. Focusing his Cryo powers, he sticks his hand into the machine, before finding himself inside of it.

???: Ah, a guest? Most Fontainions should be up and about at this hour of the day. If I were to guess... you have entered here one way or another, haven't you?

Frostfall Revenant: And you might be right about that. The Gnosis. It's here, isn't it?

The female figure only laughs.

Frostfall Revenant: What's funny, Archon?

Focalors: My, I really didn't expect you to be so direct. Still, let me introduce myself. I am the true Focalors. The God of Justice, and Fontaine's current Archon.