Chapter 1: The Shock

3rd POV

Once, the city of Mondstadt was blessed with the presence of two remarkable knights, Yap and Eula, known far and wide as the Blizzardfrost Knight and the Spindrift Knight, respectively. As esteemed members of the Knights of Favonius, they were not only highly skilled in combat but also known for their unwavering dedication to protecting the city and its people.

Their comrades often marveled at the inseparable bond between Yap and Eula. After long days of duty, they could always be seen together, sharing laughter and camaraderie as they strolled through the picturesque streets of Mondstadt. Their friendship had evolved into something deeper, and they found solace in each other's company beyond the battlefield.

In a quiet moment beneath the stars, Yap had made a heartfelt promise to Eula. He took her hand gently and looked into her eyes, promising that he would walk the path of life with her, hand in hand, supporting her dreams, and being a constant pillar of strength. Eula, touched by his sincerity, vowed the same in return. It was a tender moment that solidified their affection for each other.

Yap found peace in Eula's presence, and she, in turn, discovered a confidant who understood her like no other. Beyond the bustling streets of Mondstadt, they would often retreat to a serene spot by the sea, where they could escape the rigors of duty and share their innermost thoughts.

As time passed, their love seemed as unyielding as the gentle winds that swept through Mondstadt. They faced battles together, supported each other during trying times, and celebrated their victories side by side. It was a love that had grown stronger with every challenge they encountered.

Yet, unbeknownst to Yap, a quiet storm was brewing within Eula's heart. As the Spindrift Knight, she had a duty to protect her emotions, and this inner turmoil was her secret burden to bear. She grappled with the fear that revealing her feelings to Yap might jeopardize their cherished friendship.

One fateful evening, as they watched the sunset over the city they both loved, Eula felt a profound urge to confess her emotions. She mustered the courage to speak, but just as the words were about to escape her lips, she caught sight of a figure in the distance - another male who recently caught her eye.

Doubt clouded Yap's heart when he noticed Eula's gaze fixed on the visiting male. A tinge of jealousy flared within him, causing an unintended distance between them. Eula, unaware of Yap's emotions, tried to explain that the visiting male was an old friend and nothing more, but her words fell on deaf ears.

His eye went dark, head lowered. Getting up, he prepares to leave.

Yap: .... I understand. Take your time speaking with him, Eula.

Eula: Wait... 

Eula felt her heart sink as Yap's voice held a hint of hurt and resignation. She reached out to stop him from leaving but hesitated, unsure of what to say. The words she had intended to confess now seemed trapped within her throat, suffocated by the weight of the moment.

Yap's footsteps echoed in the silence as he walked away, leaving Eula standing by the edge of the cliff, her emotions in turmoil. She wanted to call out to him, to explain that there was nothing between her and the visiting male, but she couldn't find the right words.

In the days that followed, the promise of walking life's path together seemed to fade, replaced by an unspoken tension. The Blizzardfrost Knight withdrew emotionally, unable to comprehend the complexity of his feelings, while the Spindrift Knight desperately attempted to bridge the widening gap.

Their time together, once filled with laughter and shared dreams, was now overshadowed by the looming uncertainty. Both Yap and Eula grappled with their emotions in solitude, unable to find the courage to communicate openly and mend what had been broken.