Chapter 7: New Mission and Interviews

3rd POV

Yap: (Nods) Thank you, Clorinde. I'll look forward to it. 

With that, they exchanged a nod of agreement before Yap and Clorinde went their separate ways, leaving the night's mysteries and the city of Fontaine to envelop them once more.

Time passes, and soon, another day in Teyvat as the sun rises, greeting everyone from their sleep, some already up and about.

With Yap...

In his hybrid form, he still attracts attention of the citizens and the city guards. But since he's not actively attacking anyone, they usually quickly walk away to where they need to be at, or keep a watchful eye on him some distance away.

Enjoying a hot, freshly brewed cup of tea with the a croissant, light and flaky, sat alongside a plate of crispy bacon, eggs, and a side of baked beans, all expertly prepared. The fusion of flavors, textures, and aromas created a symphony of culinary delight.

His tea, meanwhile, was a combination of aromatic Earl Grey and fragrant chamomile, a reflection of his own multifaceted existence. With every sip, he pondered the events of the past days, the alliances forged, and the path he had chosen.

The Earl Grey's bold and citrusy taste reminded him of his decision of his choice of abandoning Eula because of Leo and siding with the Abyss, while the chamomile's calming and floral taste reminded him of the more peaceful, happier days with Eula, be it travelling together to other nations or enjoying festivals.

Yap: [Forget about it. There's no point in reminiscing.]

Letting out a sigh, he takes another sip from his tea, though the sip was one of annoyance.

Not long after, another figure comes.

???: Excuse me. Is anyone sitting here?

Their tone was polite, even asking Yap of his condition. 

???: You seem.. rather troubled. Is anything bothering you?

Yap: Ah. Go on and take the seat. No one's seating there, far as I'm concerned. And don't worry about me.

Looking at the figure, it was none other than the Iudex of Fontaine, Monsieur Neuvillette.

Neuvi: Are you sure? The look on your face earlier does tell me something has happened. And it has been quite some time since it did.

Yap: ....  Rather perceptive of you, Monsieur Neuvillette. It has indeed been quite a journey, but rest be assured that even if you did witness my.. outburst earlier, if you can put it that way, it is but an occasional thing that happens. Call it a bothersome trouble that comes afloat every now and then when it feels like it. [He knows? Hmm..]

Neuvillette regarded Yap with a quiet understanding, his eyes reflecting a depth of empathy that belied his aloof exterior. Yap's acknowledgment of the occasional emotional turmoil within him didn't seem to surprise Neuvillette.

Neuvi: Troubles that resurface from time to time can be just as burdensome as those that persist. Though I cannot exactly tell what kind of trouble you're specifically having, if it is about this nation however, you may submit a report if you so wish.

Yap: (Nods) I'll keep it in mind. Still. Now that I am more or less finished with my breakfast, I intend to stay here a little longer.

Neuvi: Oh? Do you have an appointment later on?

Yap: I wouldn't put it that way, Monsieur Neuvillette. Nor would it be a meeting. It is simply.. a way to pass time, that is all. Anyway, I'm sure I've taken up enough of your time. As the Iudex, you must have trials to.. attend to?