Chapter 13: Primodial Seawater

3rd POV

Neuvillette: (Smiles) Strength comes in many forms, Lady Furina. Now, let us await the report regarding Childe and decide our next course of action.

Meanwhile with Yap...

Yap: 45 days.. [Would this be enough time for them to gather evidence, I wonder. Still, I suppose that is not my problem.]

He silently muses to himself as he walks outside of Palais Memoria, taking notice of a rift flickering briefly.

Yap: [Guess the prophecy's coming.]

The Frostfall Revenant continues on, ignoring the briefly flickering rift, but had already noted it in his mind.

As he prepared to head back to his hotel to rest, he heard some commotion, especially coming from the House of Hearth. Heading towards there, eventually he heard what seems like Lyney's pleading.

Lyney: Father, please! Let us do the investigation inside the Fortress of Meropide! 

Arlecchino: And that, precisely, is your mission. Now then, go on along.

Lyney: Thank you, Father.

Yap: (Enters the room the 4 are in) Another familial issue again?

Lyney, Freminent, Lynette: Frostfall Revenant.

Arlecchino: (Smirks) No, not what you quite think, Yap.

Yap: Then..

Arlecchino: The children of the House of the Hearth have been granted permission to investigate within the Fortress of Meropide. It seems they are determined to uncover the truth behind recent events involving Childe.

Yap: (Raises an eyebrow) Investigating in the Fortress of Meropide? That's quite the risky venture.

Arlecchino: Indeed, it is. But it seems they are resolute in their decision.

Yap: (Nods) Well then, I wish you luck on your endeavor. Be cautious, and trust your instincts.

Lyney: Thank you, Frostfall Revenant. Your words mean a lot.

With a nod, Yap turns to leave, his mind already occupied with the events unfolding.

8 days later, Yap meets with Clorinde again.

Yap: (Raising an eyebrow) Invited to the Fortress of Meropide? And you're actually making time off? Never would've believed.

Clorinde: Well, believe it or not, it's definitely true for me.

Yap: Still a little crazy. What for?

Clorinde: Work, of course. Unless, you'd like to accompany me, judging by the look on your face?

Yap: (Shrugs) I mean, I guess I could spare some time. If it won't take that long.

Clorinde: Heh. Knew you were those type.

Yap: ... What type?

Clorinde: The type who can't resist getting involved in something intriguing, especially if it involves a bit of danger.

Yap: (Smirks) You know me well, Clorinde.

Clorinde: (Chuckles) Too well, perhaps. But come on, let's not keep them waiting.

Yap nods, following Clorinde as they make their way towards the Fortress of Meropide.

Heading into the water with their clothes on, or in the Frostfall Revenant's case, his armor, he finds himself able to breathe underwater.

Clorinde: (Hand signals) "Fontaine's waters are unique. You can breathe underwater."

Yap: (Replying back in hand signals) "Neat. Now, where to?"