Chapter 10: Attack On Gnosis

3rd POV

Yap: (Coldly) An enigma that Fontaine would do well to ignore. My purpose lies beyond the city's concerns.

The Champion Duelist acknowledged his words with a nod, the understanding between them tinged with an unspoken tension.

Clorinde: In that case, I wish you luck in.. your work, Frostfall Revenant.

He nods.

Yap: And you as well.

With Aether..

After the entanglement between him and the Frostfall Revenant, he bumps into Charlotte while riding the aquabus.

Charlotte: I never guessed I'd bump into you while riding the aquabus. In the story of my life, this is big news! What are you doing in Fontaine? I didn't hear anything about you paying us a visit. [Wait, so what he said.. It was true? It's.. something. To say the least.]

Paimon: Yeah, it's quite the coincidence! But as Travelers, we're always on the move. It's not surprising that nobody knew we were coming. Uh, though we still have no idea how the Hydro Archon knew about us... Oh! Let Paimon introduce you to our new friends! 

Charlotte: Oh, no need for introductions, Paimon. I would recognize the Great Magician Lyney and his assistant Lynette anywhere. I wouldn't be much of a reporter if I didn't know who they were. It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Charlotte, a reporter for The Steambird.

Lyney: Nice to meet you. From The Steambird, huh? We've often relied on your paper to promote our performances.

Lynette: It's an honor to meet you.

Paimon: Oh, now that everyone knows each other, Fontaine suddenly doesn't feel like such an unfamiliar place. So, what have you been up to lately, Charlotte? Any big news?

Charlotte: Not too much... when there isn't any breaking news, I mainly cover the trials at the opera house.. You can still manage to keep readers' attention as long as you tell things from a clever enough angle, even if it's the same old topics. For example, reporting on how a scammer once deceived vulnerable girls into relationships, or how a financial criminal was once so poor that they ate a single piece of bread for five days...

Aether: That... would definitely get my attention. But that's not really the kind of news you're after.

Charlotte: (Sighs) You're right, seems you know me pretty well. What I'm really after is exclusive, sensational news pieces that could shake the country. These smaller stories are a waste of my talents. 

And so, they continue to chat like old acquaintances catching up. Nope, a certain Frostfall Revenant totally did not threaten/blackmail Charlotte to reveal information about him to the blond Traveler.

Back to Yap..

Donning his hybrid form once again, he meets another unexpected acquaintance in Fontaine. Another Fatui Harbinger known as Childe.

Yap: Long time no see. Here on business, Childe?

Childe turns, wondering who spoke to him.

Childe: (Raises an eyebrow) Well, well, well. Look who decided to show up in Fontaine. I didn't expect to see you here. Last I checked, you attended a certain someone's funeral.

Yap: And you're correct on that one.

Childe: So, what brings you here?

Yap: Work.

Childe: Oh? The Knights of Favonius now have another expedition force? I didn't know that-

Yap swiftly cut him off.