Chapter 20: Thus Spoke The Frostfall Revenant

3rd POV

Shortly after Eula and the Knights of Favonius paid their last respects to Yap, the Blizzardfrost Knight, they laid his body to rest in Dragonspine. For years to come, the Spindrift Knight, Amber, Dandelion Knight, Venti, Varka would put offerings at his grave, ranging from flowers, gifts, food that Yap once ate with them in the past, and so on.

Until one unnamed day, the spirit of the Frostfall Revenant opens up a portal in Dragonspine, just at the location of his supposed grave.

Frostfall Revenant: Though my body is no longer living, still. As long as the spirit does live, at least this way I can still convey a message.

As the spirit puts its hand on the corpse of the Frostfall Revenant, it steadily draws all of the remaining energy from it, before forming an orb of sorts and putting it inside of the portal.

Frostfall Revenant: I've come to know that not all of the experiences may be shown to him.. but I'm damned well going to try.

With a determined resolve, the spirit of the Frostfall Revenant channels its remaining energy into the orb, infusing it with memories, emotions, and the essence of Yap's being. The portal glows with a soft, ethereal light as the orb is gently placed within, carrying with it the legacy of the fallen warrior.

The spirit lingers for a moment longer, as if briefly contemplating whether or not to enter, before it finally made up it's mind.

Frostfall Revenant: Even if he didn't get it, at least.. I can explain.

Entering the portal, the Frostfall Revenant grows one last smirk.

Frostfall Revenant: Doesn't really matter which world we're all from, honestly.. (Chuckles) When you truly want to change the world that is fate, only then will you discover just how pitiable your own strength truly is.

The Blizzardfrost gave all he could to his Spindrift, and was repaid with merciless betrayal that was Leo. The worlds are neither fair nor sensible. It wrongs those who believe is right for themselves, and breeds every sort of scum imaginable. Rife with ugliness, and without a trace of beauty, the malice that has been sown between the Blizzardfrost Knight and his Spindrift caused by Leo can only be sundered by the villain known as the Frostfall Revenant.

Within the swirling chaos of the portal, the Frostfall Revenant finds himself beset by an onslaught of twisted and corrupted beings, each more malevolent than the last. Seeing the twisted and corrupted beings, the Frostfall Revenant gladly brings out his swordspear, letting the spear part hit the "ground" beneath him with the force of a blizzard.

The air crackles with dark energy as he clashes with these monstrous amalgamations, his swordspear slicing through their ranks with deadly precision, the Frostfall Revenant jumping into the "air" before landing down explosively.

This, is the distance between them, and tomorrow. This is the world taking revenge against them. But the believer, the Frostfall Revenant, will never to give in to such temptations. Temptations telling the believer to give up in changing fate in return for an eternal, peaceful rest.

Amidst the chaos, a towering figure emerges, its form shifting and contorting with each passing moment. This entity, known as the Guardian of Time and Space, exudes an aura of ancient power, its eyes burning with a malevolent light.

The Frostfall Revenant narrows his eyes, sensing the immense danger posed by this formidable foe. With a grim determination, he braces himself for the coming battle, knowing that the fate of both worlds hangs in the balance.

The guardian first lunges an attack against the Frostfall Revenant, sending him flying back before he impales his swordspear to slow himself down. Though not giving him any time to guess what's happening next, it jumps before bringing down it's gigantic swords on him.