Chapter 9: Mascot Melee

Sitting in the turtle tank, Teo stared out of the window, watching Raph among the crowd of people in broad daylight with the hippo costume on. She fiddled with the sticker that Mikey had placed on her a couple of nights ago.

What surprised her was the fact that the stickiness of the sticker hadn't peeled away but rather stayed on like it was brand new.

"Do you think he's doing okay?" she asked, looking at Mikey.

The orange turtle looked at her with a soft smile. "He'll be okay. It's not the first time we've done this."

"Okay."

Looking back at the large turtle, she observed the many different people in the crowd. In a way, they reminded her of Yokia city.

"What's the word? Am I clear?" Cames Raphs voice, echoing just a bit through the turtle tank.

Craning her neck up, Teo could see that Raph had stopped where he was while the crowd was all around him, the standard bystander effect.

Worried, she turned her head to the brothers, but her eyes remained on Raph longer until snapping back to them. "Um, are you guys sure you don't want me out there to help him?"

"Looks Bueno from here," Leo bluntly answered, peering through a telescope and then to Teo. "He'll be fine, Teo."

"If you say so," She muttered, grabbing her ponytail and playing with the ends.

"Leo had continued to instruct Raph. "You are a go for operation; let's hope Raph comes back Alive."

Hearing that, Teo quickly turned around and backhanded and slapped Leo on the arm, a disapproving look on her face.

"Would you stop calling it that!" Raph snapped shortly after.

Donnie had soon joined in shortly, all excited about their latest submission. "A first-ever exploratory expedition in daylight. They are gonna name sewers after you, pal."

"Well, you guys will," Teo muttered, crossing her arms.

Her heart thumped happily when hearing Raphs joyous voice speak out to them. "I fit right in with all the Mascots. This Hippo suit works great in time square."

Teo gently eased the tank further so they could all keep an eye on Raph better.

"Totally but for the record. I still think my trench coat idea would have worked." Mikey pipped up, leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed.

"Where would you find a trench coat large enough to hide him?" Teo jumped in. "Let alone make it?"

"I don't know, we would have found a way." He responded.

Leo jumped in joyously once he found what he was looking for. "Ho, ho. There's the store."

"What are you, Santa Claus, now?" She grumbled, looking up at Leo strangely.

Mikey soon added in desperately to the conversation. "Go get Splinter's birthday gift. Our eyes depend on it."

"I'm just glad you guys covered my eyes," She thanked, shivering at the possibilities of what was so horrible that Splinter had done.

At this point, Teo had lost sight of Raph, which did make her worry if he was doing okay. She listened to Leo commentary the situation to Raph, directing him through the crowd.

"Steady as she goes," Leo instructed, pausing for a bit before adding on. "Old man on your right; Kid on your left. He's got peanut butter ice cream."

"Oh, no, your allergies. Evasive maneuvers, evasive maneuvers." Donnie frantically added, scaring Teo.